I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. (Phil. 4:13)
Update Attachments – :
A huge thank you to our Christmas Market coordinators Anastasia, Julie, and Lesley. You did an amazing job, and your efforts did not go unnoticed! Thank you to all the parents as well, who volunteered in so many ways to help support our coordinators and make this such a successful craft sale! What a wonderful day, with so many vendors. Can’t wait for next year! 😊
PERMISSION CLICK TEACHER/EA CHRISTMAS GIFTS
When submitting cash or cheque for your teacher/EA Christmas gift donation, please make sure to put your last name on the envelope so that receipts may be accurately written.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK…
- Tuesday morning our grades 7 & 8 students had their Enrichment classes.
- Our annual Kindergarten Open House was held on Tuesday evening. The turnout was amazing!! Thank you so very much to all the parents who contributed refreshments, volunteered for set-up and clean-up, and to Erin for speaking about her experience as a parent at SCCS. The energy in the building was electric. A very special thank you to our Student Ambassadors under the direction of Mrs. Prettie, and the Violin Ambassadors, under the direction of Ms. Kynman. Their leadership, dedication, and passion helped make the evening the success it was.
- Wednesday at lunch time, some of our PML students had their noon recital.
- Wednesday evening, Mrs. Prettie and I attended the monthly School Board meeting.
- Thursday was the Musical Bake Sale.
- PowerSchool reopened on Thursday.
- Term 1 report cards were sent home with your son/daughter on Thursday afternoon.
LOOKING AHEAD TO NEXT WEEK….
- The season of Advent begins on Sunday, December 3rd. All grade levels will be celebrating the first week of Advent with a special prayer celebration on Monday.
- Tuesday is Enrichment for our grades 7 & 8 students.
- St. Nicholas Day Assembly is on December 6th.
- PML Recitals are being held on December 6th & 7th at 6:30pm in the main gym. Doors open at 6:10pm. Please remember to bring your fobs that evening.
- It’s early dismissal on Thursday at 2:30pm. Teaching staff will be attending their monthly Staff Meeting and will also have a presentation from Onyx on our pension benefits.
- Friday, I will be attending my monthly Principal’s Meeting. This will also be a luncheon meeting for Christmas.
- Our raffle draw will be happening on Friday at 1:00pm.
- Popcorn Day will be held on December 8th with all proceeds going to the Holy Childhood Association.
- The competitive girls and boys’ volleyball teams will have their windup on Friday after school.
LOOK WHAT’S COMING UP….
- Reconciliation for our grades 7 & 8 students will be held on December 12th in the morning over at the church.
- Our annual Christmas Concert is on December 15th. Both our concerts will be held at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish on Roblin Blvd. at 1:30pm and 6:30pm. All students will be bused to and from the church for the 1:30pm concert. Parents are responsible for getting their child to and from the 6:30pm concert.
- Christmas Spirit Week is December 18th-22nd. More information to follow.
- Last day of school before Christmas holidays is December 22nd. School Mass is at 10:30am and early dismissal at 2:30pm. There is NO BASC on December 22nd.
- K-2 Parents: Learn to Skate information will be sent out to you next week. Stay tuned!
- Monday there is BLINE.
- Tuesday is the K-2 Bake & Decorate.
- Wednesday there is Curling.
- Thursday is early dismissal.
It is a new month, so please make sure to submit your form & payment if your child needs BASC.
Reminder, for morning BASC 7am to 8:15am and after school BASC 3:20 to 4pm only, you text 431-323-3736 and we will bring your child to the doors. After 4pm you need a fob to enter the building to pick up your child as we could be outside, or anywhere in the building. When you come into the school, the BASC board does say where we are that day. Forms for a fob are available in the front office.
Friday, December 22nd there is no PM BASC.
Thank you, Ms. Furutani
- Friday is Popcorn Day.
- The Musical Candy Cane Fundraiser is on Permission Click. Thank you for your support.
CHRISTMAS HAMPER COLLECTION
This year, SCCS has a great opportunity to help a couple of families in need. We are working with St. Paul the Apostle Parish on this important endeavour and need your help.
Please see the food items that are required for the hampers. Food collection begins next week, and items can be brought to classrooms, or the front foyer. Thank you so much for your support!
KF/KF: jello, rice, canned tuna
Gr.1: mac and cheese, tea
Gr. 2: cookies, stuffing
Gr: 1-2: gravy mix, peanut butter
Gr. 3: canned spaghetti, oatmeal
Gr. 3-4: jam, canned fruit, scalloped potatoes
Gr. 4: coffee, syrup, canned vegetables
Gr. 5F: cereal, pancake mix
Gr. 5M: sugar canned soup
Gr 6: cranberry sauce, bagged candy
Gr. 7: spaghetti sauce, pork and beans
Gr. 8: fruit juice, cake mix
Click on the link below for volunteer opportunities:
FROM THE FRONT OFFICE
‘Tis the season for soggy socks and mittens after recess! Please ensure your child has extra socks and mittens in their backpack so that they can change into a dry pair after recess should they need to. Thank you!
If your child is prone to dry hands and dry lips especially during this time of year, please send non-medicated hand lotion and lip balm with your child in their backpack so that they can apply it themselves at school. The Front Office cannot administer anything to help.
It is never too late to submit a Child Abuse Registry Check application to the Front Office should you plan to volunteer here at our school during the school year. Please note that it takes 6 to 8 weeks for the Child Abuse Registry office to process and return applications back to our school, so don’t wait to the last minute! Get yours in now! Applications are available in the Front Office, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and the application(s) you need can be sent home in your son/daughter’s backpack.
**LAUNCH OF MUNCH A LUNCH!**
Hi everyone, the fundraising team is excited to launch a new online ordering platform for our Wednesday Hot Lunch fundraising program! The platform is called Munch A Lunch and can be accessed here:
Each family is required to set up an online profile and will have the ability to order up to 7 days prior to the Wednesday hot lunch (either pizza and potato chips or hot dogs, Booster Juice and potato chips – alternating each week, as we do now). Orders can also be edited, added or cancelled up to 7 days out as well.
Please take a look at the link below for more information:
Any questions? Please feel free to reach out to email@example.com .
Happy ordering! The Fundraising Team
ONLINE FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN – FLIPGIVE APP
Hello again friends and family of St. Charles School. The online fundraising app FlipGive remains as hot as ever. As mentioned in our previous message this past week, gift cards and online shopping are waiting for you right now. The FlipGive app runs on iPhone or Android phones, as well as off of any Windows or Apple computer.
The lineup of deals and offers keeps growing, and Christmas season is here, as we are now in December! Wayfare, Canadian Tire, Sephora, Crocks, Marks, Walmart, Safeway, Winners, Old Navy, Gap, Boston Pizza, Tim Hortons, Applebee’s, Starbucks, Indigo, Door Dash are all waiting for you to check out.
Also don’t forget: for electronics gifts checkout Roblox, Sony, Kobo, XBox, HP, and Best Buy. Get a gift for yourself or for your friends, family, or favourite teacher and help raise funds without all the hassle of having to go in-person.
FOR NEW MEMBERS
You can download the app from Google Play if on Android phone, or the Apple Store. To join up, click here:
FOR EXISTING MEMBERS
Once you have signed up, to access the app and check things out at any time, see our link here:
FOR ANY QUESTIONS
If you have any questions, please contact us at this email address anytime:
ST. PAUL’S HIGH SCHOOL NEWS FOR OUR GR. 8 BOYS
St. Paul’s High School is hosting an information evening for grade 8 students attending Manitoba Catholic Schools. It will take place next Wednesday, December 6, at 7 p.m. Please feel free to join us.