Then the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all people shall see it together. (Isaiah 40:5)
Update Attachments – :
If you would like to earn some VIP hours for our upcoming Christmas Concert, please click on the link above. Thank you in advance!
RAFFLE TICKET WINNERS
This afternoon, we had the draw for our raffle ticket fundraiser. Thank you so much to everyone who supported this fundraising event. We sincerely appreciate it.
A huge congratulations to our winners! You can check out our video of the draw on our school Facebook page/Instagram page very soon.
First place: $1000 Linda Kindrat
Second place: $500 Suzanne Godin
Third place: $250 Mel Huntley
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK…
- Advent began this week. The theme of our first week is hope.
- Our grades 7 & 8 students had Enrichment classes Tuesday morning.
- Wednesday, we had our annual St. Nicholas Day Assembly. St. Nicholas made a special trip to join us at SCCS for our assembly and left some special treats for student shoes too. 😊 This is an annual tradition at SCCS.
- Our PML Recitals were held Wednesday and Thursday evenings. Congratulations to all our students for their hard work and amazing performances! A very special thank you to our hardworking PML instructors. Your passion, dedication, and hard work are second to none. Thank you to Melissa Gingrich, our PML coordinator this year. You have done an amazing job, and we are grateful.
- We had early dismissal on Thursday since teachers had a Staff Meeting.
- Today was Popcorn Day.
- Today we also did our raffle draw.
- I attended my monthly Principal’s Meeting/Christmas Luncheon at the Archdiocese office today.
LOOKING AHEAD TO NEXT WEEK….
- Monday, all Learn to Skate waivers are due for kindergarten-gr. 2 students.
- Reconciliation for our grades 7 & 8 students will be held on December 12th in the morning over at St. Charles Parish.
- There will be a STEM presentation on Tuesday afternoon for the grade 7 students. (STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics).
- Last call for Christmas hampers is on Wednesday. Hamper items will be collected on Thursday. Thank you to everyone who has donated already. Our boxes are filling quickly.
- Our annual Christmas Concert is on December 15th. Both our concerts will be held at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish on Roblin Blvd. at 1:30pm and 6:30pm. All students will be bused to and from the church for the 1:30pm concert. Parents are responsible for getting their child to and from the 6:30pm concert.
LOOK WHAT’S COMING UP….
- Christmas Spirit Week is December 18th-22nd. More information to follow.
- Last day of school before Christmas holidays is December 22nd. School Mass is at 10:30am and early dismissal at 2:30pm. There is NO BASC on December 22nd.
- There is BLINE on Monday & Wednesday.
- Tuesday is Baking for the grade 3-5 students.
- Thursday is the Christmas Craft.
- We have started Curling but we have a few spots left if any grade 4-8 student interested.
Order that special Candy Cane for that someone special. Ordering closes on December 16th.
KINDERGARTEN – GR 2 LEARN TO SKATE
All families received an email on Monday with detailed information about our upcoming Learn to Skate program. Please remember to sign/send your waiver back with your child if you haven’t done so already.
Also, just to clarify, if you are planning as a parent/grandparent to be on the ice with your child, you do not have to wear a full cage helmet. This is only for the students.
Thank you in advance for your understanding.
UNIFORM ORDERS / PLEASE READ
Uniform orders are placed online at www.envisionuniforms.ca. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need assistance placing the order online. Any exchange or returns requests can also be sent to email@example.com.
Uniform orders and exchange/return requests are delivered directly to the school on the 15th and 30th of each month.
Please note that uniforms are not available for pick-up or purchase on a walk-in basis at the supplier’s local office. Embroidered stock is not always available (embroidery production takes a couple of weeks) – and in fairness to everyone needing uniforms, the orders are processed in the order that they are received online. The uniforms are shipped directly to the school. The supplier is not able to accommodate families on a walk-in basis.
Feel free to email with any questions or call the uniform office directly at (204) 925-4600 with any questions about ordering or sizing. Watch your inboxes in the spring for school fitting days and ordering information for the new school year.
Thank you for your cooperation.
CHRISTMAS HAMPER COLLECTION
This year, SCCS has a great opportunity to help a couple of families in need. We are working with St. Paul the Apostle Parish on this important endeavour and need your help.
Please see the food items that are required for the hampers. Food collection begins next week, and items can be brought to classrooms, or the front foyer. Thank you so much for your support!
KF/KF: jello, rice, canned tuna
Gr.1: mac and cheese, tea
Gr. 2: cookies, stuffing
Gr: 1-2: gravy mix, peanut butter
Gr. 3: canned spaghetti, oatmeal
Gr. 3-4: jam, canned fruit, scalloped potatoes
Gr. 4: coffee, syrup, canned vegetables
Gr. 5F: cereal, pancake mix
Gr. 5M: sugar canned soup
Gr 6: cranberry sauce, bagged candy
Gr. 7: spaghetti sauce, pork and beans
Gr. 8: fruit juice, cake mix
Click on the link below for volunteer opportunities:
**LAUNCH OF MUNCH A LUNCH!**
Hi everyone, the fundraising team is excited to launch a new online ordering platform for our Wednesday Hot Lunch fundraising program! The platform is called Munch A Lunch and can be accessed here:
Please note, this new platform is replacing the existing Permission Click process. There will NOT be a Permission Click sent out.
Each family is required to set up an online profile and will have the ability to order up to 7 days prior to the Wednesday hot lunch (either pizza and potato chips or hot dogs, Booster Juice and potato chips – alternating each week, as we do now). Orders can also be edited, added or cancelled up to 7 days out as well.
Please refer to the school website page below for more information:
Any questions? Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Happy ordering! The Fundraising Team
ONLINE FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN – FLIPGIVE APP
Hello again friends and family of St. Charles School. The online fundraising app FlipGive remains as hot as ever. As mentioned in our previous message this past week, gift cards and online shopping are waiting for you right now. The FlipGive app runs on iPhone or Android phones, as well as off of any Windows or Apple computer.
The lineup of deals and offers keeps growing, and Christmas season is here, as we are now in December! Wayfare, Canadian Tire, Sephora, Crocks, Marks, Walmart, Safeway, Winners, Old Navy, Gap, Boston Pizza, Tim Hortons, Applebee’s, Starbucks, Indigo, Door Dash are all waiting for you to check out.
Also don’t forget: for electronics gifts checkout Roblox, Sony, Kobo, XBox, HP, and Best Buy. Get a gift for yourself or for your friends, family, or favourite teacher and help raise funds without all the hassle of having to go in-person.
HOW-TO FOR NEW MEMBERS
You can download the app from Google Play if on Android phone, or the Apple Store. To join up, click here:
HOW-TO FOR EXISTING MEMBERS
Once you have signed up, to access the app and check things out at any time, see our link here:
FOR ANY QUESTIONS
If you have any questions, please contact us at this email address anytime:
Master of both the light and the darkness, send your Holy Spirit upon our preparations for Christmas. We who have so much to do and seek quiet spaces to hear your voice each day, We who are anxious over many things look forward to your coming among us. We who are blessed in so many ways long for the complete joy of your kingdom. We whose hearts are heavy seek the joy of your presence. We are your people, walking in darkness, yet seeking the light. To you we say, "Come Lord Jesus!' Amen. - Henri J.M. Nouwen
What a busy week this has been at SCCS! Our first full week of December is done, and we are moving forward to our Christmas Concert next week, as well as looking forward to our upcoming Christmas holidays. Have a wonderful weekend filled with lots of hope! See you all next week! Tammy