The virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall name him Emmanuel. (Matthew 1:23)
Update Attachments – KidCare Memo : KidCare Pamphlet
A huge thank you to our parent volunteers who have been working so hard at our drop-off/loading zone area every morning! You are all doing a terrific job of keeping the students safe. 😊
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK…
- Monday was the due date for all K-2 Learn to Skate waivers.
- Tuesday morning, our grades 7 & 8 students had Enrichment classes.
- On Tuesday afternoon, our grade 7 students had a special STEM presentation.
- Our grades 7 & 8 students participated in Reconciliation over at the church on Tuesday morning.
- Thursday, all our students participated in a Christmas Concert dress rehearsal.
- Today was Christmas Concert Day! 😊
LOOKING AHEAD TO NEXT WEEK….
- Christmas Spirit Week begins on Monday and goes all week.
- Monday=Christmas Cheer Day—wear your Christmas themed sweaters, shirts, dresses, etc.
- Tuesday=Shine Bright Like a Light—shine your brightest by wearing bright colour clothes, light up earrings, necklaces, etc.
- Wednesday=’Twas the Night Before Christmas—it’s Pajama Day, wear your comfy pj’s.
- Thursday=Santa’s Workshop Imposters—dress like a Christmas character, an elf, a tree, a gingerbread man/lady, reindeer, Santa, Mrs. Claus, etc.
- Friday=Blizzard Before the Break!—hoping for snow…wear white or silver.
- Tuesday is also Advisory Groups for our grades 7 & 8 students.
- Wednesday is our next Roots of Empathy family visit for the grade 8 class.
- Friday is our last day of school before the Christmas break. School Mass is at 10:30am, and there is early dismissal at 2:30pm. There is NO BASC on Friday after school. Please make sure to pick up your child(ren) on time that afternoon.
LOOK WHAT’S COMING UP….
- School resumes on Monday, January 8th, 2024.
- It will be early dismissal on January 11th @ 2:30pm, as it is a Staff Meeting Day for teachers.
- The next PAC Meeting will be on January 17th @ 6:30pm in our school cafeteria.
- Our January School Mass is on January 23rd @ 10:30am over at the church.
- Friday, January 26th is an Inservice Day. There is no school.
- Re-registrations will be distributed on January 29th for the 2024-2025 school year.
- Our Kinder Fair and General Open House is on January 30th.
- There is BLINE on Monday.
- Tuesday is the grades 6-8 Gingerbread Making.
- Wednesday is Curling.
- Friday NO PM BASC.
- Please submit all outstanding payments for BASC.
- Please note all BASC payments can be submitted on one cheque.
- Classroom or other payments need to be made separately on a different cheque. Thank you for your understanding.
- Make sure to have your fobs with the colder weather here.
- The January forms are out, with a Craft and full day BASC only.
- BLINE and Curling will continue in January.
- All new programs will start in February
On Tuesday, December 19th the Candy Canes from the Musical Fundraiser will be handed out. Thank you for your support. Happy Holidays.
Please log all hours on Permission Click (even beyond the 20 hours required for statistical purposes) by December 22nd as we will be running reports over the winter break.
Are you curious about how many volunteer hours you have completed? That information is available on the school website, Parent Zone, under the VIP section. The information will be updated every month moving forward. Please note that the entries have not been verified by the VIP team.
Should you have any questions or concerns we can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Uniform orders are placed online at www.envisionuniforms.ca. You can also send an email to email@example.com if you have questions or need assistance placing the order online. Any exchange or returns requests can also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Uniform orders and exchange/return requests are delivered directly to the school on the 15th and 30th of each month.
Please note that uniforms are not available for pick-up or purchase on a walk-in basis at the supplier’s local office. Embroidered stock is not always available (embroidery production takes a couple of weeks) – and in fairness to everyone needing uniforms, the orders are processed in the order that they are received online. The uniforms are shipped directly to the school. The supplier is not able to accommodate families on a walk-in basis.
Feel free to email with any questions or call the uniform office directly at (204) 925-4600 with any questions about ordering or sizing. Watch your inboxes in the spring for school fitting days and ordering information for the new school year.
Thank you for your cooperation.
ONLINE FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN – FLIPGIVE APP
Hello again friends and family of St. Charles School. The online fundraising app FlipGive remains as hot as ever. As mentioned in our previous message this past week, gift cards and online shopping are waiting for you right now. The FlipGive app runs on iPhone or Android phones, as well as off of any Windows or Apple computer.
The lineup of deals and offers keeps growing, and Christmas season is here, as we are now in December! Wayfare, Canadian Tire, Sephora, Crocks, Marks, Walmart, Safeway, Winners, Old Navy, Gap, Boston Pizza, Tim Hortons, Applebee’s, Starbucks, Indigo, Door Dash are all waiting for you to check out.
Also don’t forget: for electronics gifts checkout Roblox, Sony, Kobo, XBox, HP, and Best Buy. Get a gift for yourself or for your friends, family, or favourite teacher and help raise funds without all the hassle of having to go in-person.
HOW-TO FOR NEW MEMBERS
You can download the app from Google Play if on Android phone, or the Apple Store. To join up, click here:
HOW-TO FOR EXISTING MEMBERS
Once you have signed up, to access the app and check things out at any time, see our link here:
FOR ANY QUESTIONS
If you have any questions, please contact us at this email address anytime:
Enjoy your weekend and I'll see you on Monday! Tammy