Dear SCCS Families,
It’s that time of year again! The wonderful lazy days of August are ending, and an exciting new school year lies ahead! I hope that you have had an amazing summer and have been able to make some wonderful memories! I am looking forward to seeing all our returning SCCS families, as well as welcoming all new families to our school community. If your plans to attend SCCS have changed over the summer months, please contact me immediately, or my Admin. Assistant, Eunice Newman, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Plans are currently underway for the new school year. Throughout the year, you will receive timely communication from me with information that needs to be shared with the community. My door is always open to you. My contact information is email@example.com and my office number is 204-837-1520 ext. 222. You can also reach me by calling the front office and leaving a message.
We are starting the new school year with a new Board Chair, Trish Farkas. Trish currently has two children in our school. Our past Board Chair, as most of you know, was Robyn Powell. For the last many, many years, Robyn as given her heart and soul to St. Charles, and has now officially assumed the role as past Board Chair. At this time, I would like to thank Robyn for her many years of service and dedication to SCCS. She has contributed so much to this school and community. We wish her all the best as she gets to take some more time for herself and her family. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you, Robyn!
|The staff and Board are looking forward to the start of the new school year and are excited to invite you all to the “Welcome Back to School BBQ” hosted by our Board of Directors, on Friday, September 8th from 3:30pm-6:00pm. Families are encouraged to attend the BBQ to kick off the new school year and have an opportunity to meet each other. Chocolates should also be available for pick-up at the BBQ. As with any of our school community events, volunteers are always needed. Please click on the Sign-up Genius link below to see how you can help. Thank you in advance. LINK TO SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER FOR THE WELCOME BACK BBQ on FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2023
Here is some important information to get you started for the upcoming school year:
- All students from grs. 1-8 will return to school on Wednesday, September 6th for a full day of classes. The morning bell will ring at 8:35am, and students will be dismissed at 3:25pm. Kindergarten students and their parents will have a scheduled meeting with their teacher that same day, and information has been sent out to Kinder parents regarding meeting times.
- Students are encouraged to bring their school supplies in during the first day/week of school.
- Parents are invited to come into the school on the first day, September 6th, with their child, to drop them off and help with school supply delivery. Beginning September 7th, parents are asked to drop off/pick up their son/daughter outside at their designated doors. Kindergarten parents will be allowed to drop off their son/daughter at their classroom until September 15th, and then will follow the same protocol as our grs. 1-8 parents.
- All students will be assigned an entrance and exit door at school. Please make sure that your child knows which door is theirs prior to coming to school. In the morning, from 8:15am until 8:35am, students may be dropped off and must meet at their assigned door. They will be supervised by a staff member until the 8:35am bell rings. Again, at 3:25pm, students will be dismissed by their assigned door. *Kindergarten students will be dismissed at 3:15pm.
If your child is dropped off after 8:35am, please have him/her use the main front doors to enter the school.
- Child Abuse Registry Checks for parents will be sent home at the beginning of the school year and must be sent back to the office once you have completed the necessary information. Parents who do not have a cleared Child Abuse Registry Check on file in the main office will not be able to volunteer for the 2023-2024 school year in any capacity. This is a mandate from the Archdiocese of Winnipeg and all our Catholic schools must follow this protocol.
- Student Fees will be sent out via Permission Click. Permission Click links can be found on our school website. They will also be sent out throughout the school year via email.
- Lunch forms can be found on our school website. Make sure to login to the Parent Zone to access these forms.
- Parking/Drop-off protocol is a struggle every year, and our top priority is to keep all our students safe. When dropping your child off in the loading zone, please pull up into the zone, remain in your vehicle, let your child(ren) out of your vehicle, send them on their way, and drive off. This will allow other vehicles to pull in behind you. There is no parking in the loading zone during morning drop-of and afternoon pick-up. Please check the signs. If you do want to walk your child, (grs. 1, 2, & 3), to the playground, please park in the church parking lot and walk your child across the street at the south crosswalk where patrols/staff will be stationed, and then take your child to his/her assigned doors. Please do not park in the Retreat Centre parking lot as it is private property and not owned by the school. Please also note that there is no parking in the bus loop in front of the church. Parents who have children in grs. 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8, are asked to drop your child off on Augier and have your child cross at the patrols/staff stationed at the north crosswalk to get to their assigned doors. Please note, there is no stopping or parking on Augier in front of the Golf Course at drop-off or pick-up.
- Principal’s Weekly Update is sent out each Friday either late afternoon or early evening by Mrs. Senderewich, my IT coordinator. My update includes events that have happened during the week, events that are coming up the following week, plus any important information that I need to share with families. It’s a very good source of information, and I encourage you to read this communication weekly.
|UNIFORM PICK-UP DAY: Uniform exchanges and orders for new families will be available for pick up at the school on Thursday, August 31st between 10am and 4pm. If you placed an order late – after the scheduled uniform ordering dates – you will receive a shipping notification in your inbox if your order is ready for pick up. Shipping notifications will be emailed on August 28th, 29th and 30th. If you don’t receive a shipping notification, it means your order is not ready to be picked up on the 31st and it will ship to the school in September. Priority is given to new families, and exchanges for families that ordered within the ordering timelines. Any orders received late are fulfilled in the order that they are received with the limited stock on hand. Please also note that embroidery production takes three weeks, which may impact when you receive your orders. Questions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org…. Thank you.
BASC (Before and After School Care) Information
- The BASC calendar forms will be posted soon on the school website under the BASC tab in the ParentZone.
- All schedules and payments are due at the start of the month or before attending the program.
- Forms can be left in the school mailbox outside the front doors or given to Ms. Furutani when dropping off/picking up your child. Please submit forms in a timely manner.
- Teachers will be made aware of which of their students go to BASC after school each day.
- When you arrive in the morning for BASC, please text 204-880-8245 so that Ms. Furutani can come to the front doors to welcome your child and let them into the school.
- When picking up your child from BASC before 4:00pm, please text 204-880-8245, and let Ms. Furutani know who you are picking up, so your child can be brought to the front doors by a BASC staff member. Parents can purchase a fob to gain entry through the front doors to pick up their son/daughter from BASC when picking up after 4:00pm. Please come to the front office for more details on purchasing a fob. If you are picking up after 4:00pm, a fob will be necessary.
- BASC runs from 7:00am-8:15am each morning and will be charged accordingly. At 8:15am, grades 1-8 students will be dismissed to wait at their assigned door with a staff member until 8:35am. Kindergarten students will stay inside until 8:25am, and then will be taken to their classrooms to meet their teachers.
- Any students not picked up after school by 3:40pm will be sent to BASC for safety reasons and parents will be charged BASC fees beginning from that time onward, until they are picked up.
- Once a month, students will be dismissed at 2:30pm so that teachers can participate in a Staff Meeting. Any students not picked up at 2:30pm will be sent to BASC.
|BASC Coordinator: Kim Furutani Contact #: 204-880-8245 Email: email@example.com
BASC Hours: AM: 7:00am-8:15am PM: 3:25pm-6:00pm
Please note: all new families were sent out a notification email of their registration with a ParentZone account. If you did not receive the email or are having any problems accessing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Wishing you the very best as you enjoy these last few days of summer holidays, and I’m looking forward to seeing all of you very soon! This is going to be a great school year!
Principal, St. Charles Catholic School