Give thanks in all circumstances. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
LET’S LOOK AT THIS WEEK IN REVIEW:
- Monday morning the Public Health nurses were here to do immunizations for many of our Middle Years students.
- Tuesday, our Middle Years students had Enrichment classes.
- Tuesday, our Gr. 4 students began their day with their Bible Retreat. Tuesday evening, they celebrated this special event with their families at their Gr. 4 Bible Celebration evening. A very special thank you to all the Grs. 1, 1-2, & 2 classroom reps and families, who hosted this wonderful celebration that evening. Wonderful memories were created!
- Wednesday was Pizza Pizza lunch for those students who ordered.
- Some of our Middle Years students participated in a Cross-Country Meet on Thursday after school at Crescent Drive Park. Congratulations to all our students! They did very well at the meet. Go Chargers!
- Staff had their annual meeting with our Blue Cross representative Thursday after school.
- Friday, we began our day with our annual Holy Childhood Association Assembly hosted by our KL and Grs. 3-4 students, Mrs. Laufer, and Ms. Langlois. Our students learned that by praying for and sponsoring children in Papau New Guinea, they can become members of this important organization, even from far away. Thank you to everyone who helped with this assembly, especially our KL and Gr. 3-4 students who led the assembly, and our MY’s choir students.
- Today was also The Dream Factory Colour Day for $2.00. It was a huge success and students/staff had a great time dressing for their dream destination!
WHAT’S COMING UP NEXT WEEK?
- Monday is Thanksgiving. There is no school and no BASC.
- Tuesday is Enrichment for our Middle Years students.
- Wednesday I will be going to the Archdiocese office for my Administrator’s Meeting with our Superintendent.
- Wednesday is also Subway Lunch Day for those students who have ordered.
- Wednesday Mrs. Gregorchuk and Miss Kynman are hosting a Music Information Evening for parents who have children in Grs. 3-8. Come and learn more about the violin!
- Old Dutch Chips Fundraiser pick-up is on Thursday, October 13th from 3:00-6:00pm.
- Friday is the Gr. 8 Retreat for our Gr. 8 students.
- Friday is also Popcorn Day $1.00 for any students who are interested in participating. This Popcorn Day goes to support the children in Papua New Guinea for the Holy Childhood Association. Please make sure to order your popcorn by Thursday.
- Book Fair Week begins the week of October 17th.
- Parent Teacher Interviews will be held on October 19th & October 20th. They will be in person this year.
- No school on October 21st, as it is MTS PD Day for staff.
- Black & Orange Colour Day will be on October 31st.
- There is no BASC on Monday.
- There is Golf on Tuesday, last class.
- There is Cheer & POM on Tuesday
- There is BLINE on Wednesday.
- The Halloween Craft is on Thursday.
- There are a few spots left in Curling and Full Day BASC but you must be registered by Tuesday, Oct 11th.
Reminder for all BASC drop off or pickup, please text when at the front door.
October 14th is our first HCA Popcorn Day! All proceeds from the Holy Childhood Association Popcorn Days with be donated to support the country of: Papua New Guinea (PNG). The Holy Childhood Association (HCA) is supporting Elementary Education in the Diocese of Wabag, Enga Province, Papua New Guinea. We will be helping people involved with the teaching of Religious Education in parishes and elementary schools. Thank you in advance for your support. Together we can make a difference!
Popcorn is $1.00. Teachers will collect the money by Thursday. Popcorn will be handed out on Friday. Sorry but no orders will be accepted on Friday.
WE NEED YOUR HELP
St. Charles has an amazing opportunity to help children and youth in Northern Communities in Manitoba. The organization is asking for gently used winter jackets, ski pants, toques, mittens, winter boots, and gently used books. If you have any donations, please bring them into school by October 20th. Boxes will be available in the front foyer for collections.
Have you done some VIP hours already? Are you looking where to log them? Here is the Permission Click link. This link can also be found on our school website in the ParentZone, for your convenience to log hours anytime during the school year.
SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR
We’re excited to announce our Scholastic Book Fair is coming! You can shop from hundreds of items in-person or online through our Virtual Book Fair extension. Our Fair is open from October 17th to October 20th and all purchases help us earn new resources for our school! Please Mark Your Calendars! (Please CLICK LINK for more information)
ST. CHARLES CATHOLIC SCHOOL – OLD DUTCH CHIPS FUNDRAISER
Chip Pick Up Date: Thursday, October 13th, 2022, between 3:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. at the school’s front doors
Any questions or concerns, please email: email@example.com
SPRUCE UP THE SCHOOL
RAFFLE TICKET STUBS
Just a reminder raffle ticket stubs are to be returned to the school between October 11th and 24th in order for them to be included in the draw. They can be dropped off at the mailbox in front of the school or given to your child’s teacher .
CHOCOLATES AND RAFFLE TICKETS
Need more chocolates/raffle tickets? Volunteers will be distributing chocolates/raffle tickets on Oct 13 from 3pm -5:30pm. This is also for parents that have not yet picked up for this year.
Gracious God, you are always with us in all we do.
You guide and watch over us as we grow.
Teach us to always show our deepest appreciation to you, who have given us life and the opportunity to share it.
May we have ever thankful hearts.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
See you on Tuesday.