Principal’s Weekly Update
Since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God. (Romans 5:1)
Update Attachments – SCCS Bingo Flyer OLPH CraftBakeSale
The PAC meeting that was scheduled for Wednesday, November 16th, has been moved to Wednesday, November 23rd at 6:30 p.m. Please update your calendars.
READY, SET, BinGO … FAMILY BINGO NIGHT IS ALMOST HERE!
When: Thursday November 10th doors open at 6PM (first come, first serve) buy your Bingo cards at the door
Who: Everyone is welcome (kids*, grandparents, neighbours and friends)
Where: St. Paul the Apostle Church (2400 Portage Ave)
Thanks to our generous community, we have some AMAZING prizes! Also, there will be concessions, raffle prizes and more! Please bring cash, and don’t forget your dabbers!
*must be 12 years old to play unless accompanied by a playing adult
LET’S LOOK AT THIS WEEK IN REVIEW:
- On Tuesday, our Middle Years students had Enrichment, and all our Grs. 3-8 students participated in a Remembrance Day Assembly dress rehearsal.
- Wednesday, we held our annual Remembrance Day Assembly. It was amazing! A very special thank you to Doug McCallum, Warrant Officer, for coming to share his experiences with us. Thank you to all our students who participated in this assembly in a special way. You did a great job and I’m so proud of you! Our Grs. 3-5 and Grs. 6-8 choirs, our Gr. 1-2 class who shared a poem, Brenden who read his Peace poem, and Kassidy who shared Flanders Fields. Thank you to Juanita our accompanist, who supported my Music staff and choirs, as well as my Remembrance Day Assembly staff committee who helped in so many ways.
- Wednesday was Subway Lunch for those students who ordered.
- Wednesday evening will be our first Rome Trip meeting for those who are going to Rome. Heartland Travel will be here to share information and answer questions. So exciting!
- Thursday is report card writing day for teaching staff. There is no school.
- Friday is also no school as it is Remembrance Day.
WHAT’S COMING UP NEXT WEEK? Looking Ahead ……
- Lifetouch Picture Re-take Day is on November 15th.
- Our Middle Years students will have Advisory Groups on Tuesday morning.
- Pizza Day is on Wednesday for those students who have ordered.
- Musical tryouts begin on Wednesday.
- I will be away Wednesday morning at my Administrator’s Meeting at the Archdiocese office.
- Our Grs. 1, 1-2, & 2 students will be going on a field trip to the Manitoba Museum on Friday, November 18th.
- Power School shuts down on Tuesday in anticipation of report card writing
- Tuesday is Enrichment for our Middle Years students.
NOT TOO FAR AWAY…
- Our next School Mass will be held on November 22nd.
- The PAC Meeting will be held on November 23rd @ 6:30pm.
- Storytelling & The Treaty Relationship Assembly will be held on November 24th for all our staff/students.
- Advent Prayer Services for all grade levels begin on November 28th.
- Report cards will be distributed on November 29th.
- Our annual Kinder Open House will be held at 6:30pm on November 29th.
- BLINE is on Monday.
- There is Cheer & POM on Tuesday
- Wednesday is BLINE
- There are a few spots left in the Christmas Craft
It is getting dark out earlier so when picking up your child you need to come to the door or pop your head out and wave. We need to see you before students leave the building. With the colder weather, we will not be standing with the door wide open in the mornings, so please text when at the door. We will open the door when we see your child. Thanks Kim
reminder: any grades 5-8 student interested in the musical must have their permission form handed in by November 15th.
Dear Parents & Guardians,
I am very excited to announce that the P.M.L. program is trying something new this year, in the form of Lunch Hour mini recitals & masterclasses.
These mini recitals will be happening once a month and are designed to offer our talented students more opportunities for performance throughout the school year. They are meant to be informal and fun, a wonderful chance for our students to watch, learn from, and inspire one another. Students will eat their lunch during the recital.
Our first recital is scheduled for Tuesday, November 15th from 11:35-12:30 on the third floor BASC area. School staff, students, parents, and guardians are invited to attend.
We are all looking forward to this new opportunity and the musical growth it will provide.
KINDERGARTEN FOR THE 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR
If you have a child who may be ready for Kindergarten for the 2023-2024 school year, please contact Mrs. Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Our Kinder Open House is coming up quickly on November 29th @ 6:30pm, and applications will be accepted beginning that evening and going forward. Make sure that you secure your spot. that each student will be sent home two Kindergarten Open House invitations for our current families to hand out. You had mentioned that we should send them home on Monday.
LIFETOUCH PHOTOS – DON’T FORGET TO ORDER THIS YEAR’S SCHOOL PICTURES
FREE Shipping on your order of $29.99+ CODE: SHIPFREEF2022 Expires: 08/20/2023
20 COUNTDOWN TO BLACK FRIDAY DEALS FOR SCCS
Good day friends of SCCS. Our online app FlipGive is starting its annual Black Friday Deals. Come and check it out! Get yourself a gift cards, with no fuss and no muss, AND help your school! Great deals on now with special Black Friday deals in technology, entertainment, travel, home and more.
Quick Signup page:
Or enter this code in the app: NB7F49
On November 19th, there is a Christmas Craft & Bake Sale at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish. See the attached poster for more details.
God of hope, you gave us the wonderful power to choose.
It is within our power to choose peace and not war,
To choose friendship and not fighting,
To choose love and not hatred.
We pray for your guidance to help us choose to become a people of peace. Amen
Wishing you all a peaceful weekend and thank you to all our military families. Those who server, and the families that support those who serve. We sincerely appreciate your service.