The Lord is my strength and my song, and He has become my salvation. (Exodus 15:2)
Update Attachments – Spring GLENLEA Plant Fundraiser : Shrove Tuesday Call Out 2023
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK…
- Our Middle Years students began their week of exams on Monday. Exams ran until Thursday, with all afternoons being study hall options.
- Mrs. Prettie and I attended a Governance Fundamentals Workshop through MFIS on Tuesday after school.
- Wednesday, our K-2 students had a guest speaker from the Treaty Commission.
- Wednesday was Pizza Lunch for those students who ordered.
- I was away Wednesday morning at my monthly Principal’s Meeting at the Archdiocese office.
- Friday, our Middle Years students had an opportunity to go on a Ski Trip. This trip hasn’t happened since pre-Covid.
- Friday was also Crazy Sock & Joke Day at SCCS for our K-5 students.
- Tomorrow is the World Day of the Sick.
LOOKING AHEAD TO NEXT WEEK….
- Catholic Schools Week officially begins on Monday. We will kick off the week with a Catholic Schools Day Assembly on Monday.
- Learn to Skate is also on Monday for our K-2 students.
- Red, White, & Pink Colour Day is on Tuesday.
- Our K-2 students will be going bowling on Tuesday afternoon.
- Wednesday is Colour Day for all students and staff.
- Wednesday is also Subway Lunch for those students who have ordered.
- Gr. 6 students are going to U-Puttz on Wednesday.
- On Thursday, it’s 100 Day for our K-2 students.
- Colour Day on Thursday for all students and staff.
- Our Grs. 3-5 students will be going to the Manitoba Museum on Thursday.
- Our Middle Years students will be going skating on Thursday morning.
- On Friday, there is no school as teaching staff will be participating in our annual Catholic Schools Day PD Day at St. Paul’s High School.
- On Sunday, February 19th is the Manitoba Moose Game for our school community. Please see the emails sent out separately regarding details about that evening.
*There are also other activities happening during Catholic Schools Week for all grade levels. Classroom teachers will be sharing those with their own classroom parents.
NOT TOO FAR AWAY…
- There is no school/no BASC on Feb. 20th as it is Louis Riel Day.
- Shrove Tuesday Pancake Breakfast is coming Feb. 21st.
- Ash Wednesday School Mass is on Feb. 22nd.
- Pink Shirt Day will be held on Feb. 23rd.
- Our next PAC Meeting will be held on Thursday, February 23rd @ 6:30pm in the school cafeteria. Please use your fobs to enter through the main front doors.
- Re-registrations for the 2023-2024 school year are due no later than Feb. 24th to secure your spot for the next school year.
- Re-registrations will be distributed on January 30th for the 2023-2024 school year.
Please remember that BASC opens at 7am and closes at 6pm. Do not drop off your child prior to 7:00am.
If students are dropped off at the school between 7:00 am and 8:15 am, they are required to go the BASC and will be charged accordingly. There are no exceptions.
Morning recess is at 8:15 until the bell rings at 8:35am.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
LOST AND FOUND
On Monday and Tuesday after school, there will be lost and found items on display on tables in the front foyer. Wednesday morning, these items will be packed up and donated. Please take this opportunity to take “one more look” if you are missing any of your child’s items. Thank you.
- There is BLINE on Monday.
- No Cheer or POM scheduled for Tuesday.
- No BLINE scheduled for Wednesday.
- No school on Friday. Full Day BASC is full.
- BASC Tax receipts will be sent home during next week.
Any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
SHROVE TUESDAY SIGN-UP GENIUS LINK
Our annual Shrove Tuesday Pancake Breakfast on Tuesday, February 21st is back! Please see the Sign-Up Genius link for volunteer opportunities:
Our next PAC Meeting will be held on Thursday, February 23rd @ 6:30pm in the school cafeteria. Please use your fobs to enter through the main front doors.
Dear SCCS families, our VIP coordinator has had to step down from this role. If you have emailed the VIP email over the past few months, our sincere apologies that you may not have had any response. The Fundraising Committee will be addressing each email as quickly as possible. If you have volunteered for SCCS please ensure you continue to log all VIP hours through permission click. If you need VIP hours and are interested in taking on the VIP Coordinator role, please email fundraising at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your patience,
SPENST PIZZA FUNDRAISER PERMISSION CLICK LINK
We are having a Spenst Pizza fundraiser this month. Please click the Permission Click link below for more information
ONLINE FUNDRAISING APP FOR ST. CHARLES CATHOLIC SCHOOL
Valentine’s Day and Game Day
If you are looking for ideas for your sweetheart for Valentine’s, or making plans for the big game, check out online deals and get a gift card from Sport Chek, Lulumon, Nike, Amazon and many others.
https://www.flipgive.com/teams/282306 online, or download the FlipGive app on iPhone and Android/Samsung.
From your online fundraising team
GLENLEA GREENHOUSES FUNDRAISER-ORDER NOW!
Excited for Spring? We are once again partnering with Glenlea Greenhouses for a spring fundraiser. Order a variety of high-quality plants and veggies online and our school will benefit! All orders can be placed online now until April 15th, and you’re encouraged to order early for best selection. The Greenhouse has indicated that this is a popular fundraiser and they do sell out of plants. Simply follow the details in the enclosed letter. The plants will be delivered to St. Charles Catholic School on Tuesday, May 23, 2023. If you have any questions, please contact SCCSspringplants@gmail.com. Thank you for your support!
SCCS GOLF TOURNAMENT
Save the date!!!! Thursday, May 25, 2023 @ Breezy Bend Golf Course. More details to follow but as per usual we will need lots of help. Golfers! Sponsors! and Prizes!
If you can help or donate in anyway email email@example.com
Have a terrific weekend and stay warm. 😊