Everything is possible for one who believes. (Mark 9:23)
Update Attachments – Spring GLENLEA Plant Fundraiser :
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK…
- Monday, we began our annual Catholic Schools Week with an assembly. Thank you to the teachers of the Grs. 3-5 grade level team for hosting this assembly.
- Monday was also Learn to Skate for our K-2 students.
- On Monday, our Middle Years students had the opportunity to go snowshoeing. Thank you to Ms. Carter for picking up and taking back all the snowshoes.
- Tuesday, the fun continued with a Red, White & Pink Colour Day for students and staff. The K-2 students also went bowling in the afternoon.
- On Tuesday, our Middle Years students did cookie decorating in the cafeteria.
- Wednesday was Subway Lunch for those students who ordered.
- Wednesday our Gr. 6 students headed to U-Puttz.
- Wednesday was also a Colour Day.
- Kevin Klein was here on Wednesday for I Love to Read month. He read to our gr. 1-2 class.
- Thursday was 100-Day for our K-2 students.
- Our Grs. 3-5 students headed off to the Manitoba Museum on Thursday.
- Our Middle Years students also enjoyed some skating on Thursday.
- Everyone enjoyed a Colour Day on Thursday as well.
LOOKING AHEAD TO NEXT WEEK….
- There is no school/no BASC on Feb. 20th as it is Louis Riel Day.
- Shrove Tuesday Pancake Breakfast is coming Feb. 21st.
- Ash Wednesday School Mass is on Feb. 22nd. Fr. Michael will be celebrating Mass.
- It’s Pizza Lunch on Wednesday for those students who have ordered.
- Pink Shirt Day will be held on Feb. 23rd. We will begin the day with an assembly.
- Our next PAC Meeting will be held on Thursday, February 23rd @ 6:30pm in the school cafeteria. Please use your fobs to enter through the main front doors.
- All outstanding Middle Years assignments are due on Friday, February 24th to be credited towards term 2 marks.
- Re-registrations for the 2023-2024 school year are due no later than Feb. 24th to secure your spot for the next school year.
NOT TOO FAR AWAY…
- February 28th is Dress as your Favourite Book Character at SCCS.
- Powerschool will be closed to parents on March 1st by the end of the day.
- Baby Henrik is coming for his next Roots of Empathy family visit on March 2nd.
- Friday, March 3rd is an Inservice Day. There is no school as teachers will be writing report cards.
- Our Grs. 3-5 Choir will be competing in the Manitoba Music Festival on March 9th @ 10:00am. Details to follow.
- Our Middle Years choir will be competing in the Manitoba Music Festival onMarch 10th @ 12:30pm. Details to follow.
- There is Cheer/POM on Tuesday.
- There is BLINE on Wednesday.
- The Fun Craft is on Thursday with a few spots left.
- March forms are on the website.
- The St Patty’s Craft still has spots left.
- March 3rd no school full day BASC with a field trip is almost full.
- If you need BASC on Friday, March 3rd you must be registered by Tuesday, February 21st as we need to book ahead and staff accordingly.
- March 24th BASC closes at 4PM.
Any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
- There is a Musical Bake Sale on Friday, Feb 24th.
Thank you for your support.
The Musical Team
SHROVE TUESDAY SIGN-UP GENIUS LINK
Our Shrove Tuesday Pancake Breakfast is fast approaching, and we are still in need of volunteers and donations to make this event successful.
If you can help in any way, please click on the Sign-up Genius link below and add your name.
ITEMS NEEDED for SHROVE TUESDAY BREAKFAST Tuesday, February 21, 2023
Thanking you in advance for your support. 😊
Our next PAC Meeting will be held on Thursday, February 23rd @ 6:30pm in the school cafeteria. Please use your fobs to enter through the main front doors.
VIP HOURS UPDATE
All SCCS Families are required to complete 20 volunteer hours or remit $450 to opt out. Currently, there are a significant number of families that have 0 VIP hours logged. If you have completed any volunteer hours, please sign into the SCCS website and click the VIP tab, scroll down and click on VIP HOURS PERMISSION CLICK button and complete the form. Please note, each volunteer occurrence/event/donation requires a separate entry.
We ask that all families complete the Permission Click log for outstanding VIP hours by Monday Feb 20TH.
VIP hours standards:
- Fundraising Event Coordinator = 20 hours (All past and upcoming coordinators please log your hours)
- Parent Class Reps = 10 hours
- Learn to skate Volunteer = 1.5 hours for each class
- Donation of item $20 = 1 VIP hour
- Board member = 20 hours
If you have signed up through Sign up Genius to volunteer for an event or to donate items, you are still required to log your hours through Permission Click.
SCCS acknowledges that families may experience extenuating circumstances that limit their ability to complete VIP hours, we request that you contact the VIP coordinator in these rare cases.
There are still a significant number of opportunities that require volunteers to ensure successful events. Sign up genius links will be sent out as opportunities arise, but feel free to reach out to the VIP coordinator at email@example.com if you require assistance.
Thank you for contributing to the success of SCCS!
Fundraising & VIP
SPENST PIZZA FUNDRAISER PERMISSION CLICK LINK
Please note that there is a date correction for ordering.Orders and payments must be in by Friday, February 24th, 2023.
https://permission.click/YjAEv/cals Thank you
ONLINE FUNDRAISING APP FOR ST. CHARLES CATHOLIC SCHOOL
Check out online deals and get a gift card from Sport Chek, Lulumon, Nike, Amazon and many others.
https://www.flipgive.com/teams/282306 online, or download the FlipGive app on iPhone and Android/Samsung.
From your online fundraising team
GLENLEA GREENHOUSES FUNDRAISER-ORDER NOW!
Excited for Spring? We are once again partnering with Glenlea Greenhouses for a spring fundraiser. Order a variety of high-quality plants and veggies online and our school will benefit! All orders can be placed online now until April 15th, and you’re encouraged to order early for best selection. The Greenhouse has indicated that this is a popular fundraiser and they do sell out of plants. Simply follow the details in the enclosed letter. The plants will be delivered to St. Charles Catholic School on Tuesday, May 23, 2023. If you have any questions, please contact SCCSspringplants@gmail.com. Thank you for your support!
SCCS GOLF TOURNAMENT
Save the date!!!! Thursday, May 25, 2023 @ Breezy Bend Golf Course. More details to follow but as per usual we will need lots of help. Golfers! Sponsors! and Prizes!
If you can help or donate in anyway email firstname.lastname@example.org
Catholic Schools Week has been an amazing week full of activities and fun! Thank you so very much to all my staff, who worked very hard to make this week such a great week for our students. Thank you to all the parent volunteers who helped in so many ways. This week would not have been the success it was without your support. 😊
Our last Catholic Schools Week was in February 2020. Look how far we’ve come.Wishing you a terrific long weekend!
See you all on Tuesday!