Lord, give us the strength to walk with you by serving through prayer and action to those in need.
Update Attachments – Spring GLENLEA Plant Fundraiser : Vendors Welcome Spring SCCS Craft Fair : KinKar Raffle : Summer Camp 2023 Brochure
Please keep Mrs. Marsh Hamm and her family in your prayers. Mrs. Marsh Hamm’s Mom passed away this week, and she had to fly to New Brunswick. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Mrs. Marsh Hamm.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK…
- Our Kindergarten-Gr. 2 students headed to Learn to Skate on Monday.
- Our Grs. 7 & 8 students headed off to Winter Camp on Monday-Wednesday. Thank you to the parents who drove the campers out to Camp Assiniboine, as well as the parents who volunteered at camp while the students/staff were there. It is sincerely appreciated, and everyone had a great time!
- Wednesday was Pizza Lunch for those students who ordered.
- I attended my monthly Principal’s Meeting Wednesday morning at the Archdiocese office.
- Thursday our Grs. 3-5 choir performed at the Winnipeg Music Festival under the direction of Ms. Kynman. The students placed SILVER in their category of School Chorus, Kindergarten-Gr. 6! Congratulations to Ms. Kynman and all our students! We are so very proud of you! It was a fabulous performance, and it was great to see so many parents/grandparents in the audience.
- Today our Middle Years choir performed at the Winnipeg Music Festival under the direction of Mrs. Gregorchuk. The students placed GOLD in their category of School Chorus, Own Choice, Grades 5-8. Congratulations to Mrs. Gregorchuk and all our students! We are so very proud of you! What an awesome performance! It was terrific to see parent and grandparent support in the audience too.
- Today was the final day for term 2.
LOOKING AHEAD TO NEXT WEEK….
- On Monday, our Grs. 3-5 students will have a presentation from the Treaty Commission.
- Learn to Skate happens on Monday for our Kindergarten-Gr. 2 students.
- Rome Trip meeting on Monday @ 6:30pm for all students/ parents going to Rome.
- Our Middle Years students have Enrichment classes on Tuesday.
- Pii Day is on Tuesday for our Middle Years students.
- Wednesday is Subway Lunch for those students who have ordered.
- Our Gr. 8 students will be attending a Project 11 Youth Summit on Wednesday.
- I will be attending a Human Rights Issues Workshop on Wednesday through the Manitoba of Independent Schools.
- On Wednesday, Baby Henrik and Mrs. Boughton come for their next Roots of Empathy family visit. The kindergarten students will learn about Baby Henrik’s sleep patterns and schedule.
- Friday is a Colour Day for St. Patrick’s Day. It will also be a $2.00 collection to help support Toonies for Tuition.
- Friday is also our Science Fair day! Our Middle Years will be doing their first in-person Science Fair since before the pandemic. How exciting! Parents are invited to come to the main gym between 2:30-5:00pm to view the projects. All students will have an opportunity to tour the Science Fair on Friday afternoon before the end of the day.
Toonies for Tuition is a CCSTA-based initiative that works to raise money in order to help offset tuition funds for families attending Catholic schools in provinces with limited or no funding to the private education system. Each year at this time, all the Catholic schools in Manitoba do a colour day to raise money for this important cause.
NOT TOO FAR AWAY…
- Book Fair Week begins on March 20th.
- Report cards are distributed on March 20th.
- Reconciliation for our Middle Years students is on March 22nd across the street at St. Charles Parish.
- Student Led Conferences will be held March 23rd and the morning of March 24th.
- Some of our Middle Years students, and their parents, leave for Rome with Mrs. Prettie on March 25th.
- There is BLINE on Monday.
- There is Wood Burning on Tuesday.
- There is No Cheer & POM scheduled for Tuesday.
- Wednesday is the St. Patty’s Day craft.
- Friday, March 24th BASC full day is full, closes at 4pm.
- April’s forms are on the website.
- May & June forms are coming.
If you don’t have access to a printer, copies can be requested and sent home.
- There is no Bake Sale on Monday.
- Easter Lollipops are available to order for your child or friends on Permission Click.
We are looking for any donations for the Musical Gift Baskets, $20 is equal to 1 volunteer hour. If you can donate, please drop off in the front office marked Musical. Thank you.
St Charles Catholic School is proud to present the musical MTI Broadway Junior “Mary Poppins Jr.” The performances are on Monday, May 1st at the Winnipeg Art Gallery. Shows are at 1:30 & 6:30 pm.
Tickets can be purchased through the front office beginning Monday, March 20, 2023. Tickets are $10.00, and cash or cheques are payable to SCCS. Children 4 and under get in free. Seating is first come first serve.
Any questions about tickets please contact Ms. Furutani.
- BASC summer camp will be offered July 10th – August 18th, and applications will be available March 20th. Contact Ms. Furutani if interested.
STUDENT-LED CONFERENCES K-5, MIDDLE YEARS PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES SIGN-UP GENIUS LINK
Student-led conferences are being held on Thursday, March 23rd from 4:00-7:30pm, as well as Friday morning from 9:00-11:30am. Please check the link below to sign up to see your son/daughter’s teacher(s).
LOADING ZONE PATROL
If you would like to help supervise the front-loading zone drop-off area in the mornings from 8:15-8:45am, please click on the link below.
I will be in touch with you with more information.
LENTEN MISSION—SILOAM SOCK/UNDERWEAR DRIVE
Two of our grade 5 students, Madison, and Selina, have started a socks and underwear drive for Siloam Mission. They are asking for new pairs of socks and underwear- all sizes and gender, to be brought to the school February 22, 2023- April 6, 2023.
Boxes will be in the front foyer of the school for students to make their contributions.
Through your support, Siloam Mission can provide vital services to improve the quality of life of those experiencing homelessness.
LENTEN MISSION—40 CANS FOR LENT
We are also collecting cans of food for Lent. This initiative is in conjunction with St. Charles Parish. Please send your cans of food with your child and help us fill the boxes in the front foyer of the school.
ONLINE FUNDRAISING APP FOR ST CHARLES SCHOOL
Check out online deals and get a gift card from Sport Chek, Lulumon, Nike, Amazon and many others.
https://www.flipgive.com/teams/282306 online, or download the FlipGive app on iPhone and Android/Samsung.
From your online fundraising team
GLENLEA GREENHOUSES FUNDRAISER-ORDER NOW!
Excited for Spring? We are once again partnering with Glenlea Greenhouses for a spring fundraiser. Order a variety of high-quality plants and veggies online and our school will benefit! All orders can be placed online now until April 15th, and you’re encouraged to order early for best selection. The Greenhouse has indicated that this is a popular fundraiser and they do sell out of plants. Simply follow the details in the enclosed letter. The plants will be delivered to St. Charles Catholic School on Tuesday, May 23, 2023. If you have any questions, please contact SCCSspringplants@gmail.com Thank you for your support!
OUR KIN KAR RAFFLE IS BACK!!
Tickets are on sale now. Just scan the QR code or click on the link below and it will take you to our unique sales code. This way St. Charles gets 50% of the proceeds of every ticket sold under that code. Tickets are 1 for $10, 3 for $20 or 10 for $50.
The final draw is on Monday, June 26th, 2023.
SCCS GOLF TOURNAMENT
Save the date!!!! Thursday, May 25, 2023 @ Breezy Bend Golf Course. More details to follow but as per usual we will need lots of help. Golfers! Sponsors! and Prizes!
If you can help or donate in anyway email firstname.lastname@example.org
TRIVIA NIGHT AT ST. CHARLES PARISH
Are you ready to put that seemingly useless knowledge to the test? St. Charles Parish (320 St. Charles St.) is hosting a Trivia Night on Saturday, March 18 with the doors opening at 6:00 pm and the trivia game beginning at 7:00 pm. The teams can range in size from 6 to 10 members and there are a wide variety of topics including TV, sports, music, history and geography. (Hint – It is an advantage to have a variety of ages on your team.) Gather your team in advance or form one when you arrive. There will be a canteen with light snacks. Cost: 12 + over $10, 5 to 11 years $5, and under 5 are Free. Tickets are available after weekend masses or thru the Parish office 204-889-3248.
Looks like we’re in for a nice weekend, so enjoy every minute!
Don’t forget to set your clocks ahead an hour this weekend.
See you next week!