The Lord is near to all who call on Him.(Psalm 145:18)
Update Attachments – : NO Attachments
As you are aware, my update always includes things that happened during the week, as well as what is coming up next week, or even beyond. However, SCCS is a busy place during the day, everyday, and I’d like to share some other extra-curricular activities that happen throughout each month at our school. (These activities do not include extra-curricular activities offered for our students through our BASC programs).
EXTRA-CURRICULAR LUNCH ACTIVITIES DURING THE MONTH OF MARCH
Monday: Grade 6-8 Drawing Club (Mrs. Prettie), Boys competitive basketball (Mr. Vechina), Cello Club (Mrs. Gregorchuk), Gr. 3-5 Music Club (Ms. Kynman)
Tuesday: Musical practice, Girls competitive basketball (Mr. Bourquin), Gr. 3-5 Music Club (Ms. Kynman)
Wednesday: Musical practice, Grade 6-8 Chess Club (Mrs. Froystad), Gr. 3-5 Music Club (Ms. Kynman)
Thursday: Grade 3-5 Drama Club (Mrs. Fennell & Mrs. Barnes), Boys developmental basketball (Ms. Copeland), Violin Ambassadors (Mrs. Gregorchuk), Gr. 3-5 Music Club (Ms. Kynman)
Friday: Grade 6-8 Intermurals (Mr. Bourquin & Mr. Vechina), Grade 6-8 Leadership Club (Ms. Copeland), Cello Club (Mrs. Gregorchuk), Gr. 3-5 Music Club (Ms. Kynman)
*All Indoor Lunch Recesses: Grade 6-8 Buddy Club with K-5
*Everyday afterschool: Grade 6-8 Music Club (Mrs. Gregorchuk)
*Tuesdays afterschool: Girls developmental basketball (Ms. Gel & Ms. Mardis)
*Wednesday mornings: Girls competitive basketball (Mr. Bourquin)
*Wednesdays afterschool: Grade 6-8 Homework Club (Mr. Domolewski)
*Thursday mornings: Boys competitive basketball (Mr. Vechina)
As you can see, St. Charles is a busy place with lots of great activities being offered to our students! 😊
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK…
- Our grs. 3-5 students had a presenter from the Treaty Commission on Monday.
- K-2 had their second last Learn to Skate class on Monday.
- Our Rome trip students/parents had a meeting with Heartland Travel and Mrs. Prettie on Monday evening.
- The Easter Candy Gram Musical fundraiser began on Monday.
- Tuesday, our Middle Years students had Enrichment classes.
- Tuesday was Pii Day in Middle Years Math classes.
- Wednesday was Subway Lunch for those students who ordered.
- Our little Roots of Empathy teacher Baby Henrik, and his mom, Mrs. Boughton came for their family visit on Wednesday. Baby Henrik was teaching the kindergarten students about his sleep habits.
- Friday was our Middle Years Science Fair. A huge congratulations to all the students who participated and shared their science knowledge with us! A huge thank you to all our guest judges! A very special thank you to Ms. Copeland, for organizing this wonderful event for our students.
- Friday was also St. Patrick’s Colour Day, and a collection was held for “Toonies for Tuition.” Thank you to everyone who supported this great cause.
LOOKING AHEAD TO NEXT WEEK….
- The Book Fair begins on Monday and runs all week. 😊
- Our K-2 students have their last Learn to Skate lesson on Monday.
- Report cards will be distributed on Monday.
- PowerSchool reopens to parents on Tuesday.
- I have a Manitoba Federation of Independent Schools Board of Directors meeting on Tuesday.
- Our Middle Years students have Enrichment classes on Tuesday.
- Wednesday our Middle Years students have Reconciliation over at St. Charles Parish at 10:00am.
- It’s Pizza Lunch on Wednesday for those students who have ordered.
- It’s Staff Appreciation Day on Thursday.
- Student-led Conferences/Parent-teacher interviews will be held on Thursday from 4:00-7:30pm.
- Spenst Bros Pizza delivery next Thursday. More details will follow in a separate email.
- Friday morning will be the final opportunity for Student-led Conferences/Parent-Teacher Interviews.
- There is no school on Friday due to conferences/workshops.
- Friday afternoon, K-5 teaching staff will be participating in a literacy workshop, while Middle Years teaching staff will be participating in a strategies workshop.
- On Saturday Mrs. Prettie leaves for Rome with some of our grs. 7 & 8 students and their parents! Wishing you all an amazing, safe trip to Rome! We can’t wait to hear all about your travels!
- There is BLINE on Monday.
- There is Cheer & POM on Tuesday.
- BLINE on Wednesday.
- Friday, March 24th BASC full day is full, closes at 4pm.
- Easter Craft still has a few spots left but you must be registered by March 24th.
- Friday, April 28th BASC field trip still has a few spots left.
- May there is Golf, Crafts, K-2 Baking, 3-4 Parfaits, 5-8 Meatball.
- June there is a Craft & BASC field trip.
If you don’t have access to a printer, copies can be requested and sent home.
- Easter Lollipops are available to order for your child or friends on Permission Click, closes March 24th, 2023. Here is the link:
STUDENT-LED CONFERENCES K-5, MIDDLE YEARS PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES SIGN-UP GENIUS LINK
Student-led conferences are being held on Thursday, March 23rd from 4:00-7:30pm, as well as Friday morning from 9:00-11:30am. Please check the link below to sign up to see your son/daughter’s teacher(s).
Are you curious about how many volunteer hours you have completed? That information is now available on the SCCS website, in the ParentZone under the VIP tab. The information will be updated every two weeks moving forward. Please note that the entries have not been verified by the VIP team. Please log all hours on Permission Click (even beyond the 20 hours required) for statistical purposes. Should you have any questions, concerns or are looking for upcoming volunteering opportunities I can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LENTEN MISSION—SILOAM SOCK/UNDERWEAR DRIVE
Two of our grade 5 students, Madison, and Selina, have started a socks and underwear drive for Siloam Mission. They are asking for new pairs of socks and underwear- all sizes and gender, to be brought to the school February 22, 2023- April 6, 2023.
Boxes will be in the front foyer of the school for students to make their contributions.
Through your support, Siloam Mission can provide vital services to improve the quality of life of those experiencing homelessness.
Thanking you in advance for your contributions.
LENTEN MISSION—40 CANS FOR LENT
We are also collecting cans of food for Lent. This initiative is in conjunction with St. Charles Parish. Please send your cans of food with your child and help us fill the boxes in the front foyer of the school.
Have a wonderful weekend, and I’ll see you all on Monday!