Nothing will be impossible with God. (Luke 1:37)
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK…
- Monday was Easter Monday.
- Tuesday morning, our Middle Years students had Enrichment classes.
- Wednesday was Pizza Pizza lunch for those students who ordered.
- Lifetouch was also here for Kinder Grad and Gr. 8 Farewell photos on Wednesday.
- Our gr. 4 students in Mrs. Gel’s class participated in the Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMMS) 2023 on Wednesday morning.
- Thursday, we started the day with the Fire Department and Manitoba Hydro at our school due to an alarm going off in the boiler room. Students and staff were relocated to the church basement until it was safe to enter the school.
- Thursday was a special Colour Day for summer, with all proceeds going towards our Gr. 8 students and their end of the year Farewell. Thank you for your generosity. We raised $466.50!
- Our PML students had a lunch recital on Friday.
- Popcorn Day was on Friday with all proceeds going toward the Holy Childhood Association. We raised $190.10! Thank you everyone!
Congratulations to one of our gr. 8 students, Sarah! Sarah, along with some of her peers, entered the Holy Childhood Association drawing competition in honour of its 100th anniversary as a society for the Pope. Sarah won this competition at the national level and her drawing has been sent to the International Secretariat in Rome at the Vatican! To make this even more special, Sarah was just at the Vatican on her Rome trip during Spring Break! We are so proud of you, Sarah!
LOOKING AHEAD TO NEXT WEEK….
- Tuesday is Enrichment for our Middle Years students.
- Wednesday is Subway Lunch for those students who have ordered.
- I will be attending my monthly Principal’s Meeting on Wednesday at the Archdiocese office.
- Wednesday, Mrs. Prettie, our Board Vice Chair, Ms. Farkas, and 3 of our grade 5 students, will be attending a Manitoba Federation of Independent Schools reception at the Manitoba Legislature after school. This is an opportunity to promote our independent schools to our local MLA’s, who will also be joining us that day.
- Uniform Fitting Day is on Thursday. Please use the Sign-up Genius link that was sent out earlier this week to book your time slot.
- Mrs. Prettie and I will be attending the School Board Meeting on Thursday evening.
- Friday is Earth Day, and all students and staff are invited to join in a “Blue & Green Colour Day” to celebrate.
- Our Musical students will be having a Saturday practice on April 22nd.
- Friday is Popcorn Day $1.00.
LOOK WHAT’S COMING UP….
- Three of our gr. 5 students will be representing SCCS at a Manitoba Federation of Independent Schools MLA Reception at the Manitoba Legislature on April 19th.
- Uniform fitting day for the 2023-2024 school year will be held on April 20th.
- Earth Day is on April 21st, and it will be Blue & Green Colour Day that day.
- Some of our Middle Years students will be participating in the U of M Science Fair on April 20, 21, & 22nd.
- School Mass is on April 25th.
- Parent Meeting for Camp Arnes will be held on April 26th at 6:00pm. All parents from grades 5 & 6 are invited to attend. This presentation will be followed by a presentation by Mrs. Prettie on the Rome Trip since our current grades 5 & 6 students will have that opportunity in two years as well.
- Friday, April 28th is Manitoba Catholic Schools’ Professional Development Day. There is no school. SCCS is one of the hosting schools for the day. Blue Cross will be presenting to many Catholic School educators that day during 4 different sessions.
- Our School Musical, Mary Poppins Jr., is on May 1st. Tickets are available in the front office.
- UNIFORM FITTING DAY: April 20th, 2023, and UNIFORM ORDERS DUE: April 28th, 2023
SCHOOL TRIP TO ROME 2023
This spring break, 16 of us embarked on a trip of a lifetime together to Italy. We returned full of so many great memories! I will never forget this experience or this group! Thank you to all of you for your support throughout this trip. You were an amazing group to travel with and were so helpful and supportive. We went everywhere we could and saw all the main sights of Rome, the “heart of all civilization.” We also travelled outside of Rome to see the countryside and south to the city of Pompeii. We did all of this in just 8 days. In fact, we walked over 82 km in total. That is incredible! A special thank you to the SCCS Board for supporting the adventure and to Heartland Travel for organizing this amazing tour.
Our next school trip to Rome is in 2025.
On Wednesday, April 26th, following the Camp Arnes meeting, we will be available to answer any questions you may have about travelling to Rome as a school group, but planning will begin in the fall of 2024.
- There is BLINE on Monday.
- There is Cheer & POM on Tuesday.
- There is no BLINE on Wednesday.
- No school, Friday, April 28th BASC is full.
- There are a few spots left in the Mother’s Day Craft & May Craft.
- The K-2 Cake Bake is full.
- There are some spots still available in Golf.
If you don’t have access to a printer, copies can be requested and sent home.
- May 8th to 12th is Milk Spirit Week.
- May 1st at the WAG “Mary Poppins Jr.” Tickets can be purchased through the front office. Tickets will not be sold at the WAG.
- Check out the Musical Gift Baskets. Tickets are $2.00 each. Tickets can be purchased in the front office or in the front foyer after school. Good Luck.
- If you have any questions about the Musical, please contact Ms. Furutani.
Bursary applications for the 2023-2024 school year are now available online on our school website. https://www.stccs.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/2023-2024-Bursary-Application.pdf
Wishing you all a peaceful weekend.