I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go. (Genesis 28:15)
Update Attachments – : Fundraising Opportunities 04-28-2023 …. Golfer Registration 2023 …. Golf Sponsorship 2023 … Kin Kar Raffle
SCIENCE FAIR NEWS!
This past weekend, some of our Middle Years students had the fantastic opportunity to participate in the Manitoba Schools Science Symposium/Provincial Science Fair at the University of Manitoba. All our students did an outstanding job of representing SCCS very well! Dylan and Mitchell received a bronze medal for their project on Does the Temperature of Hockey Pucks Affect the Speed? Harrison received a medal for his project Get Bready for Some Mold and won the Aspire Bakeries Award for best project related to baking/food. Logan won a medal for his project How Does an Automatic Hand Sanitizer Work? He also won the Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba Engineering Award! Amy won a gold medal for her project Radiation Around Us and won the Wise Kid-Netic Energy Award and the best Physical Sciences Project Award! Amy is also the winner of 1 of 6 finalist spots to go to the Canada Wide School Science Fair in Edmonton next month! Congratulations to all our amazing students! We are beyond proud of you all! Congratulations to their Science teacher Ms. Copeland as well. Charger strong!
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK…
- Monday was our last Musical Bake Sale. Thank you to everyone who has supported our School Musical to date.
- Tuesday, Fr. Kelly celebrated School Mass over at the church.
- Wednesday was Pizza Lunch for those students who ordered.
- Wednesday evening was the Camp Arnes/Rome Information parent evening for our grs. 5 & 6 parents. Thank you for the great turnout!
- Jets White Out Colour Day was held on Thursday. Thank you to everyone who participated. $355.00 was raised toward the Gr. 8 Farewell.
- Mrs. Prettie & I attended the Caritas Dinner Thursday evening.
- Friday there was no school, as it was a Manitoba Catholic Schools Day PD. At SCCS, we welcomed many of our other Catholic schools to take part in four Blue Cross sessions on mental health. It was an excellent day of learning!
- There is Musical practice tomorrow morning for all students involved in our upcoming School Musical.
LOOKING AHEAD TO NEXT WEEK….
- Monday is our School Musical at the Winnipeg Art Gallery! There are two shows: 1:30pm & 6:30pm. Come and see Mary Poppins Jr.! Tickets are $10.00 and available for the 1:30pm or 6:30pm show. NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD AT THE DOORS. You don’t want to miss this show! 😊
- Tuesday morning is Advisory groups for our Middle Years students.
- Tuesday is also the BASC Cheer & Pom Recital at 4:45pm.
- Some of our Middle Years students will be participating in the Spring Immunization Clinic.
- I will be participating in the Manitoba Federation of Independent Schools Education Committee Meeting on Thursday morning.
- The Badminton Tournament begins this week. Good luck to all the students involved in this tournament. Go Chargers!
LOOK WHAT’S COMING UP….
- Our Kinders are excited for the Kinder Mother’s Day Tea on May 12th.
- Our grade 8 students will be writing a PCAP Assessment on May 8th. More information to follow.
- Milk Spirit Week begins May 8th.
- A special Cookie Sale will be held on May 10th. More information to follow next week.
- SCCS grades 4-8 Track Meet is May 12th.
- Our grades 5 & 6 students head to Camp Arnes May 17th-19th.
- The Cheer & POM recital is on Tuesday at 4:45 in the big gym.
- There is BLINE is on Wednesday.
- The Mother’s Day Craft is on Thursday.
- The BLINE Testing/Demo is on Monday, May 8th at 4:30 in the big Gym.
- Golf starts on May 9th
- There are a few spots still available in Golf and Mother’s Day Craft, and May 24th Craft.
- The Baking, Parfait and Meatball Dinner are all full.
If you don’t have access to a printer, copies can be requested and sent home.
- Monday “Mary Poppins Jr” tickets are available to purchase in the front office. NO TICKETS will be sold at the WAG.
- May 8th to 12th is Milk Spirit Week. Order milk & have a chance to WIN a prize.
- If you have any questions about the Musical, please contact Ms. Furutani.
GRADE 6, 7 & 8 IMMUNIZATION CLINIC
We are still in need of some snacks for the upcoming Immunization Clinic. Please see if you can help. Thanks in advance!
Bursary applications for the 2023-2024 school year are now available online on our school website. https://www.stccs.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/2023-2024-Bursary-Application.pdf
TRACK AND FIELD
Our Track and Field meet is quickly approaching and with that comes the need for parent and alumni volunteers for the day to help us run all our events! Our students from 4-8 will compete in various field events and races on FRIDAY MAY 12th. We will need 3 volunteers per event. Here is a list of the events we will have on the day we will need assistance with:
Long jump x3
Discus x3 (morning only)
Ball throw x3
Race timers x6
If you can assist with any of these events, please let myself (Mr. Bourquin) AND Mr. Vechina know! If you have an event preference as well let us know.
We look forward to seeing you all on the 12th!
Mr. Bourquin and Mr. Vechina
I can’t believe April is almost over! It’s been a busy month. I hope that you have a great weekend, and let’s hope that it’s a weekend full of sunshine!See you on Monday!