Principal’s Weekly Update – May 12th, 2023
He tends His flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in His arms. (Isaiah 40:11)
Update Attachments – : Fundraising Opportunities 04-28-2023 …. Golfer Registration 2023 …. Golf Sponsorship 2023 … Kin Kar Raffle
SCCS Golf Tournament
The tournament is fast approaching, and we still need lots of help to make it successful!
We need more golfers! It’s a fun day outside, get away from work and spend the afternoon with friends enjoying food and a few beverages.
We still need prizes! Please consider donating gift certificates, electronics, household gadgets, Winnipeg Jets tickets, Blue Bomber tickets, Concert Tickets, outdoor/summer items, etc. If you’re able to help but not sure what we need contact the golf tournament committee at the email below. Remember $20 = 1 volunteer hour. I know a lot of you still need to get your hours in!
We also still need a few more hole sponsors! You get signage/advertisement with the tournament and a tax receipt! If you own your own business or know someone who does please consider sponsoring the tournament.
See attached forms in this email or contact Andrea Siwak: email@example.com
FIELD TRIPS ON PERMISSION CLICK
This is field trip time for all grade levels. Please remember, if you are paying your your son/daughter’s field trip via cheque, please identify the field trip name in the memo. Multiple field trips/cheques are fine if they are all identified. Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK…
- Milk Spirit Week began on Monday, and there were a lot of wonderful activities happening all week!
- Our gr. 8 students participated in the PCAP Assessment on Monday morning.
- Our Bline students participated in their recital on Monday after school. It was amazing to see all the progress the students have made this year!
- Middle Years students had Enrichment classes Tuesday morning.
- Wednesday was Pizza Pizza lunch for those students who ordered.
- The gr. 8 class held a Cookie Bake sale fundraiser on Wednesday. It was very successful, and they raised $578.50 toward their Gr. 8 Farewell. Thank you to everyone who supported them.
- Friday was our annual grades 4-8 Track & Field Meet at the John Taylor Collegiate field.
- Friday was also our Kindergarten Mother’s Day Tea.
LOOKING AHEAD TO NEXT WEEK….
- Tuesday morning, our Middle Years students have Enrichment classes.
- I will be attending a Manitoba Federation of Independent Schools Meeting on Tuesday.
- Our grades 5 & 6 students leave for Camp Arnes on Wednesday, May 17th-19th.
- I am attending a Manitoba Federation of Independent Schools workshop on Wednesday morning entitled, Mamàhtawisiwin: The Wonder We Are Born With – An Indigenous Education Policy Framework.
- Wednesday is Subway Lunch for those students who have ordered.
LOOK WHAT’S COMING UP….
- The last PAC Meeting will be held on May 24th @ 6:30pm.
- Our annual Golf Tournament is on May 25th.
- School Mass is on May 30th @ 10:30am.
- Our Parent Orientation Evening for next year is coming up on May 30th.
If you would like to earn some VIP hours, here’s a great opportunity for you! Our school grounds need some “spring clean-up.” If you have an hour or two to spare and would like to clean up some litter/garbage around the school grounds, please feel free to do so. You can pick a time that works for you and your family, put in your time, and then log it. 😊 If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Thank you in advance!
- Monday is the K-2 Cake Baking.
- Tuesday is Golf.
- May 24th Craft still has some spots.
- June’s forms are on the website.
- June 9th, Friday is full day BASC with a field trip.
If you don’t have access to a printer, copies can be requested and sent home.
Bursary applications for the 2023-2024 school year are now available online on our school website. https://www.stccs.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/2023-2024-Bursary-Application.pdf
Please submit them to Mrs. Narynski in the main office.
Wishing all the mothers and grandmothers a very Happy Mother’s Day weekend! May God continue to bless you in all that you do.
Oh, loving God, bless all mothers and grandmothers. Bless their forgiving hearts, their open arms, and their welcoming smiles. Bless them all.
Enjoy your weekend.