Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up. (James 4:10)
Update Attachments – : Fundraising Opportunities 05-19-2023 …. Camp Arnes …. Canada-wide Science Fair … Kin Kar Raffle
You may remember that one of our gr. 8 students, Amy, won one of the 6 finalist spots to go to the Canada-wide Science Fair in Edmonton. Amy has had a wonderful week representing SCCS and has had so many great experiences at the Science Fair. Last night, Amy’s Mom shared that Amy won silver for her project on “What is radiation?” Amy also received $5500 in scholarships from the University of Alberta! Congratulations Amy!! You have made us all proud and have done such a remarkable job this week in Edmonton. Please look at the attached pictures to see some of Amy’s experiences this past week.
Congratulations to our gr. 5 patrols and our two gr. 6 patrol captains! They have been awarded first place within the Independent Schools Division! In recognition of their achievement, they have been invited to an Awards ceremony hosted by the Winnipeg Police Service next week. We are very proud of you all!
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK…
- Monday our gr. 5 students shared their Simple Machine Projects with our school community. They did a terrific job, and there was a lot of creative ideas involving pulleys, levers and more!
- I attended my final MFIS Board of Directors meeting for this school year on Tuesday.
- I also attended the MFIS workshop for school leaders on Wednesday morning regarding Indigenous education. It was a very informative workshop.
- Wednesday our grs. 5 & 6 students headed off to Camp Arnes! There have been a lot of great pictures being sent to me from camp, and all the campers look like they’ve been having a wonderful time despite the chilly weather!
- Wednesday was also Subway Lunch for those students who ordered.
- We had two students from St. Mary’s Academy here today to volunteer. Isla and Ashlynn are both former students from SCCS.
- Our happy campers arrived back to school this afternoon. Everyone looked happy but tired 😊. What a great experience!
The grade 5 and 6 students had a blast at Camp Arnes the last three days. A big thank you goes out to our parent volunteers who helped make it a huge success. Your time, involvement and support are truly appreciated.
Mrs. Froystad, Mr. Vechina and Ms. Copeland
LOOKING AHEAD TO NEXT WEEK….
- Monday is Victoria Day, and there is no school/BASC.
- Tuesday is Enrichment for our Middle Years students.
- The grs. 3-4 & 4 classes are going to Stonewall Quarry on Tuesday.
- On Wednesday, our gr. 5 patrols, and our 2 patrol captains, are going to an Awards ceremony to recognize their first-place award within the Independent Schools Division.
- Wednesday is Pizza Pizza Lunch for those students who have ordered.
- Wednesday evening is the PAC meeting at 6:30pm in the school cafeteria.
- Thursday, our Middle Years students are heading to the Goldeyes game.
- Thursday is our annual Golf Tournament.
LOOK WHAT’S COMING UP….
- School Mass is on May 30th @ 10:30am.
- Bursary application deadline is May 30th @ 4:00pm.
- Our Parent Orientation Evening for next year is coming up on May 30th. Please watch for an email next week for more information/times of sessions.
- June 2nd is the final due date for any outstanding Middle Years assignments.
- Our grs. 7 & 8 students head to their Track Meet at U of M on June 5th.
- PML Recitals are on June 7th & 8th.
- There is no BASC on Monday.
- On Tuesday there is Golf.
- Wednesday is the Craft.
- Thursday is Parfait Making.
- June’s Father Day Craft & Full Day BASC on June 9th. Field trip forms are all on the website.
BASC summer camp still has spots in some of the weeks. Contact Ms. Furutani for the application or any information if interested.
- Please return all costume hangers & bags, still need a few vests returned too.
- Please make sure your child has a jacket or sweater at school as some mornings & after school is still chilly.
Bursary applications for the 2023-2024 school year are now available online on our school website. https://www.stccs.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/2023-2024-Bursary-Application.pdf
Please submit them to Mrs. Narynski in the main office no later than May 30th @4:00pm.
Dear SCCS Community,
I’m writing to invite you to join the team, Keira’s Krusaders, in support of Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada. We’d love to have you join the national movement to end brain tumours and to honour a very special girl, Keira Bond.
We’ll be participating in the 2023 Brain Tumour Walk on Sunday, June 25th at Assinaboine Park (Lyric Theatre and Field). Registration is anytime after 8:30 and the walk starts at 10:00.
Join Our Team!
Join our team – Keira’s Krusaders – and together we can raise more money for this worthy cause, and have a bit of fun.
What is involved?
Once you’ve registered, a number of fantastic fundraising tools are provided to help you raise money and manage your fundraising campaign.
Please share in this adventure by joining our team and by helping to raise money for a worthy cause! Just click on this link: Join Keira’s Krusaders
If you are not interested in joining the team but would like to learn more about Keira or make a donation, click on the link above as well.
Spread the word about 2023 Brain Tumour Walk!
The St. James Rods Football Club and the Manitoba Minor Football Association (MMFA) are pleased to announce the start of player registration for the 2023 Tackle Football season! The program offers co-ed tackle football in four age groups. The seaoson runs form mid July to end of October. All equipment is included in the registration fee, with the exception of cleats.
While the games are competitive, the primarily focus is teaching the fundamental skills and techniques involved in the game in a safe and controlled environment. Because of this approach to coaching the program is open to anyone regardless of experience.
Please register online using the following link: https://app.teamlinkt.com/register/find/stjamesr
I’m not sure where this week went, and how it can be the long weekend already.
Wishing you all a terrific upcoming long weekend, and may you enjoy some family time.
See you all next week!