The Lord will guide you always. (Isaiah 58:11)
Update Attachments – : Fundraising Opportunities 05-26-2023 …. Goldeyes …. Kin Kar Raffle
Correction: Last week, I shared with you that Amy won one of the 6 finalist spots to go to the Canada-wide Science Fair in Edmonton and won silver for her project on “What is radiation?”, as well as received $5500 in scholarships from the University of Alberta! I also stated that Amy was in gr. 8. Amy is in gr. 7! My sincere apologies to Amy. 😊
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK…
- Tuesday, our Middle Years students had Enrichment classes.
- Tuesday, our grades 3-4 & 4 classes took a field trip to Stonewall Quarry.
- Wednesday was Pizza Pizza Lunch for those students who ordered.
- Our grade 5 patrols, two grade 6 captains, and Mrs. Froystad and Ms. Thompson, went to an Awards Ceremony on Wednesday morning to receive their first-place patrol award within the Independent Schools Division. Congratulations to everyone involved!
- Thursday morning, our Middle Years students went on a field trip to the Goldeye’s game. Check out the great picture attached to this update!
- Our annual Golf Tournament was held on Thursday. A huge thank you to the Golf Committee: Andrea Siwak (Chair), Corey Gifford, George Howell, Victor Ireobhude, and Katie Oleson, andall their volunteers who worked so very hard to make this another successful SCCS event! What a great day!
- Good luck to our gr. 5 girls basketball team who are participating in a tournament this afternoon and early this evening. Go Chargers!
Thank you to all the families who have helped with our school yard cleanup over the last couple of weeks. The school grounds look great, and that is due to you! Your time and effort are greatly appreciated.
LOOKING AHEAD TO NEXT WEEK….
- Tuesday morning is School Mass over at the church at 10:30am.
- Tuesday evening, we will be hosting our annual Orientation Evening for the 2023-2024 school year. The K-2 session will be at 6:30pm in the main gym, followed by grades 3-6 at 7:00pm, and grades 7 & 8 at 7:30pm.
- Wednesday is Subway Lunch for those students who have ordered.
- Wednesday is also Popsicle Day for a $1.00 and hosted by the grade 8 class. All proceeds go toward the Gr. 8 Farewell.
- Thursday the gr. 6 classes will be going to the Aviation Museum.
- Outstanding Middle Years assignments are due on Friday, June 2nd.
- Our annual Founder’s Day happens on Friday, June 2nd.
Bursary applications for the 2023-2024 school year are now available online on our school website.
Please submit them to me in the main office no later than May 30th @ 4:00pm.
LOOK WHAT’S COMING UP….
- Our grs. 7 & 8 students head to their Track Meet at U of M on June 5th.
- Gr. 8 students are on a field trip on June 6th.
- PowerSchool shuts down on June 7th.
- Popsicle Sale Day is on June 7th.
- PML Recitals are on June 7th & 8th.
- There is no school on June 9th as teachers are writing report cards.
- There is the Meatball Dinner on Monday.
- There is Golf on Tuesday.
- Monday is the last day to register for the Friday, June 9th BASC field trip. No late forms will be accepted.
- There are still spots open for the Father’s Day Craft.
- Thursday is a new month. If you need BASC please make sure your forms are submitted.
Up until 4pm you can still text and we will bring your child to the front door. Starting Thursday, June 1st, for BASC pickup between 4:00pm – 5:45pm, parents can start using their FOBs to come in and get their child. If you do not have a FOB you will need to request one. Request forms are available in the office. There is a $20 deposit for the FOB. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Thanks Kim
- This coming Wednesday is the last Subway lunch. There are no Pizza or Subway lunches on Wednesdays in June.
WE NEED YOUR HELP – UPDATE
Your kindness and generosity are amazing SCCS community!! Donations are coming in, and the family is extremely grateful. Our front foyer is getting full, but we still have room. We will continue taking donations into next week. If you would like to make a monetary donation, please do so at the front office. Charger strong!
As I’m sure many of you are aware, there was a large apartment fire over the weekend in the Crestview area, which left many families without a home, or any personal belongings.
Two of our SCCS students, (Sophia and Gabriella), have a personal connection to this situation, as their uncle, aunt and two cousins, two daughters, 4 years old and 18 months old, were among those left without a home.
Sophia in gr. 6 came to me to ask if we could help in any way. Of course, this is a wonderful opportunity to show our support to those who need it most right now.
Here are a few options that would be greatly appreciated, but we are open to other items as well. A toy, or a gently used pjs or other clothing would be wonderful!
We will also be collecting money in the front office, even a $1 would help! The smallest contribution will have the biggest impact.
Please send items to school beginning tomorrow, and there will be boxes in the front foyer to help with collection.
Thanking you in advance for your generous support.
Dear SCCS Community,
I’m writing to invite you to join the team, Keira’s Krusaders, in support of Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada. We’d love to have you join the national movement to end brain tumours and to honour a very special girl, Keira Bond.
We’ll be participating in the 2023 Brain Tumour Walk on Sunday, June 25th at Assinaboine Park (Lyric Theatre and Field). Registration is anytime after 8:30 and the walk starts at 10:00.
Join Our Team!
Join our team – Keira’s Krusaders – and together we can raise more money for this worthy cause, and have a bit of fun.
What is involved?
Once you’ve registered, a number of fantastic fundraising tools are provided to help you raise money and manage your fundraising campaign.
Please share in this adventure by joining our team and by helping to raise money for a worthy cause! Just click on this link: Join Keira’s Krusaders
If you are not interested in joining the team but would like to learn more about Keira or make a donation, click on the link above as well.
Spread the word about 2023 Brain Tumour Walk!
I think we are going to have amazing weather this weekend!
Enjoy every minute, and I’ll see you next week!