I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.(Philippians 4:13)
Update Attachments – : SCCS Craft Market 2023 Poster … SCCS Craft Market 2023 Registration Package … Apartment Fire … ThankYou Note
CAN YOU HELP?
Thank you to everyone who has helped with donations for our family who experienced the apartment fire. It is sincerely appreciated.
I’ve attached a note to my update from the student for the wonderful stuffie donations. 😊
The family has shared with me some of the items they are still in need of. Please see the attached file. Cash donations are also always welcome.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK…
- Monday, Lifetouch was here for Picture Day.
- Tuesday, PML, (Private Music Lessons), began, as well as Enrichment classes for our grs. 7 & 8 students.
- I had a Manitoba Federation of Independent Schools Board of Directors meeting Tuesday.
- Wednesday morning, I attended my first Principal’s Meeting of the new school year.
- Our annual Meet the Teacher was Wednesday evening. What a terrific turnout! Thank you to everyone who attended, and a very special thank you to our Parent Advisory Council, (PAC), for hosting the evening refreshments. 😊
- Thursday, our new teaching staff attending a New Staff Workshop at the Archdiocese office with the superintendent of Catholic schools.
- Friday, we hosted our annual Christian Service Day in the morning, followed by our annual Terry Fox Assembly/Walk in the afternoon. Here is what the various grade levels did for Christian Service Day:
KF/KL—made door hangers for shut ins
Grs. 1, 1-2, 2—made placemats for Meals on Wheels
Grs. 3, 3-4, 4—made placemats for Welcome House
Grs. 5F/5M—-created activity booklets for the clients at Deer Lodge Centre
Gr. 6—-went to St. John XXIII to clean the church
Gr. 7—visited Siloam MissionGr. 8—-visited Harvest Manitoba
- We also had a fire drill this afternoon.
LOOKING AHEAD TO NEXT WEEK….
- Competitive volleyball begins next week.
- Our first School Mass is on September 26th. Fr. Eric from Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish will be presiding at St. Charles Parish, and this Mass will also include our annual Staff Commissioning for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Our staff will take part in our annual URIS Training on September 28th.
- Orange Shirt Day is on September 29th. This will also be a Colour Day for all staff/students.
- National Day for Truth & Reconciliation is September 30th.
LOOK WHAT’S COMING UP….
- Tuesday, October 3rd, is a No School/No BASC day. It is Election Day in Manitoba, and schools have been requested to use that day as an Inservice Day/no school for students, as many schools are used as an election site, SCCS included. Therefore, staff will be at school that day participating in professional development.
- Thursday it is early dismissal at 2:15pm. Staff will be participating in a Staff Meeting.
- Thursday, October 5th, is also the Fall Immunization Clinic Day for many grs. 6 & 8 students.
- The developmental volleyball league begins Thursday, October 5th.
- October 6th is our annual Holy Childhood Assembly. More information to follow.
- Monday, October 9th is Thanksgiving Day, and there is no school/no BASC.
- There is Golf on Tuesday.
- September Craft is on Wednesday.
- There are copies of October & November forms in the front entrance. Any questions please contact me.
- No BASC on October 3rd and early dismissal on October 5th.
- For BASC after 4pm, you need to have a fob to enter the building.
- You must come in to pick up your child/ backpacks as we no longer walk them to the doors or send them out alone.
If you have any questions about BASC/ program, please feel free to contact me. Thanks Kim
WELCOME TO ST. CHARLES PARENT COMMITTEE
Last year, the Board of Directors, along with Administration, started a “Welcome to St. Charles Parent Committee.” The idea was that all new families to SCCS would be assigned a current family to help guide them along the path with how SCCS works, questions about various events, general questions, and being a support as they get to know others in our school community.
I’ve currently reached out to all our new families and have heard back from those who would be interested in being attached to a current family for the purposes listed above. If you are a current family, and interested in supporting a new family throughout the 2023-2024 school year, please email me directly at email@example.com
Thank you in advance for your interest and support.
Monies raised from our fundraising lunches and our Old Dutch Chip fundraiser will be going to off-set costs for our K-2 Learn to Skate program.
Our much-anticipated Hot Lunch Fundraiser is back for another year! This year we are doing it a little differently: We have broken the ordering up into multiple orders. The links below are for the first part of the school year: October 4 – December 20. The lunches will alternate each Wednesday with the following: Pizza and Chips the first week, and then Hot Dogs, Chips & Booster Juice Smoothies the following week.
Please use the following links to place your orders:
The due date for ALL Wednesday hot lunch orders is September 22, 2023.
The next order form for the following term will be sent out late November.
Thank you! The Fundraising Team
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR PIZZA & HOT DOG FUNDRAISING LUNCHES
It has been a week of learning, sharing, having fun, and continuing to build routines at school. Staff and students are working hard to get this school year off and running and are making very good progress. I’m so proud to be the principal of such an amazing school! Thank you for all you do as parents/guardians, and for all the support you provide the staff. It doesn’t go unnoticed.
Enjoy your weekend, and happy Fall tomorrow!