May you experience the love of Christ…Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. (Eph. 3:19)
Update Attachments – : SCCS Craft Market 2023 Poster … SCCS Craft Market 2023 Registration Package … Serra Dinner Poster
PARENT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED—GREAT FOR VIP HOURS 😊
I am looking for 1 parent volunteer for our upcoming Immunization Day on Thursday, October 5th from 8:45am until immunizations are completed. If you can help, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you in advance for your help.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK…
- We started off our first day of the new week of Fall with two fire drills.
- Our competitive boys and girls’ volleyball teams started this week.
- Tuesday was our School Mass over at the church. Thank you to Fr. Eric for presiding at the Mass. It was also our annual Staff Commissioning. A huge congratulations to all the students who helped as altar servers, music ministers, readers, and gift bearers.
- Wednesday, our Resource teacher Mrs. Boughton returned from her maternity leave. Welcome back, Mrs. Boughton!
- Staff took part in our annual URIS training on Thursday. URIS stands for Unified Referral and Intake System.
- Friday was Orange Shirt Day at SCCS. All week, students have been participating in various activities to honor the National Day for Truth & Reconciliation.
- This week we also welcomed back 3 of our alumni. They were volunteering at SCCS, and it’s always wonderful to see them come back to volunteer.
- We also had a fire drill this afternoon.
LOOKING AHEAD TO NEXT WEEK….
- Tuesday, October 3rd, is a No School/No BASC day. It is Election Day in Manitoba, and schools have been requested to use that day as an Inservice Day/no school for students, as many schools are used as an election site, SCCS included. Therefore, staff will be at school that day participating in professional development.
- Thursday it is early dismissal at 2:30pm. Staff will be participating in a Staff Meeting.
- Thursday, October 5th, is also the Fall Immunization Clinic Day for many grs. 6 & 8 students.
- The developmental volleyball league begins Thursday, October 5th.
- October 6th is our annual Holy Childhood Assembly. Fr. Sarcie from St. Charles Parish will be here at SCCS to do a special school blessing and bless all students and staff at the assembly.
LOOK WHAT’S COMING UP….
- Monday, October 9th is Thanksgiving Day, and there is no school/no BASC.
- Gr. 4 Bible Retreat will be held on October 11th.
- Old Dutch Chip Fundraiser pick-up is on October 12th, from 3-6pm.
- Popcorn Day is on October 13th.
- Book Fair Week begins October 16th.
- Parent Teacher Interviews will be held October 18th & 19th from 4-7pm.
- October 20th is an Inservice Day. (MTS PD Day)
- School Mass is at 10:30am on October 24th. Please join us if you can.
- October 31st is Halloween Orange & Black Colour Day.
- An exciting fundraising event is coming to St. Charles – our first ever Trivia Night on November 10th at Assiniboia Downs! Enjoy a night out with family & friends in the battle of the brains! Mark your calendars – details to follow!
CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY IN GR. 8
Last year some of you may remember Amy competing in the Science Fair and ended up going to Edmonton to compete in the National Science Fair. Amy had some exciting news this week! She was asked to be a judge for research days for Dr. Goodyear. This is part of the 19th Annual Child Health Research Days held in Winnipeg in October. While Amy was at the National Science Fair last year, she was the Science Fair representative for Dr. Goodyear there. We are so very proud of you, Amy! Being asked to be a judge is a wonderful opportunity and you will do well. Congratulations!
- New month, BASC forms and payments are due before attending.
- BLINE starts on Monday. There are a few spots left.
- No School & No BASC on Tuesday so Golf will continue next week.
- BLINE again on Wednesday.
- Thursday is early dismissal at 2:30. If you need BASC, make sure your form is submitted by Wednesday.
- Tennis starts on Thursday.
- There are a few spots left in the Halloween Craft.
- Friday, October 20th full day BASC. There are a few spots left as we are going on a field trip.
- Not all BASC forms are on the website so there are copies of all October’s and November’s forms available in the front entrance.
- Baton Twirling starts in November.
If you have any questions about BASC/ program, please feel free to contact me. Thanks Kim
OLD DUTCH CHIPS FUNDRAISER
Please click on the link to see if you can help with delivery/pick-up day. 😊
A MESSAGE FROM THE FRONT OFFICE
If you are dropping cash off in the front office for any reason, please make sure that you send the exact change when you are submitting your cash. We have a very limited amount of cash in the school, and sometimes it’s difficult to give change.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
FLIPGIVE ONLINE FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN
Annual Kick-off for St. Charles School FlipGIve Online Fundraising Campaign
Hello parents, students, and friends of St. Charles School. We are happy to start our online fundraising campaign once again. For those new to our school, St. Charles uses an app called FlipGive (details below) which helps raise funds for our school. All you need to do is purchase gift cards or shop online using the FlipGive App. This app runs on iPhone or Android phones, as well as off of any Windows or Apple computer.
What stores are on this app? This fall we have another exciting lineup, including Tim Horton’s, Boston Pizza, Walmart, SportChek, Starbucks, Indigo, and really so many more.
For New Members
You can download the app from Google Play if on Android phone, or the Apple Store. To join up, click here:
For Existing Members
Once you have signed up, to access the app and check things out at any time, see our link here:
For Any Questions
During the school year, if you have any questions, please contact us at this email address anytime:
Sincerely – Rick and Tiffany Lippens, your online fundraising team
MESSAGE FROM MR. DOMOLEWSKI & THE GR. 7 STUDENTS
Hello St. Charles’ Families,
My Grade 7 students and I would like to extend our sincerest thanks to everyone who donated dental products to our Siloam Mission Drive over the past week.
We had an amazing time learning how Siloam Mission contributes to the Winnipeg community and how we can share our blessings in our communities. We were able to tour their facility at 300 Princess Street. They truly do amazing work here in our city and encouraged us to make a difference as well.
Through your incredible generosity and compassion, we were able to donate an amazing amount of toothpaste, adult and children’s toothbrushes and dental floss!
Your thoughtful efforts will make a difference for so many!
Again, thank you! The Grade 7 Students and Mr. Domolewski
Here we are with the first week of Fall under our belts. It’s been a great week. 😊
Just wanted to share a “fun fact” with all of you…this year, we are blessed to have 304 students at SCCS. Did you know that 151 of these students are females, and 153 of them are males? Those are very close numbers.
Have a wonderful weekend!