Your Father already knows your needs. (Luke 12:30)
Update Attachments – : SCCS Craft Market 2023 Poster … SCCS Craft Market 2023 Registration Package … Serra Dinner Poster … 2023 Chocolate Fundraising Contest … Trivia Night
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK…
- Tuesday was Election Day in Manitoba and that meant that SCCS was closed for the day. We were an election site, and while the community was in and out of our building, staff were participating in a workshop on values, personality traits, and building a terrific team!
- Wednesday, the gr. 8 class had their first family visit for their Roots of Empathy program. Mrs. Gregorchuk, who is currently on maternity leave, brought Thomas, (3.5 months old), for the family visit. Thomas did great for his first family visit and was a great teacher! 😊 Our theme for this visit was “Meet the Baby.”
- Thursday, we had early dismissal. Staff had their first Staff Meeting of the new month, and we had a presentation on Permission Click, as well as went over some important policy information.
- Thursday, our grs. 6 & 8 students had their Immunization Clinic with the Public Health nurses. A special thank you to our parent volunteer who helped with this day.
- Our Developmental League Volleyball season started on Thursday as well.
- On Friday, we had our annual Holy Childhood Assembly, and welcomed Fr. Sarce to SCCS. Fr. Sarce is the new parish priest at St. Charles Catholic Church. He joined the assembly to bless all students and staff on our new school year. Thank you so much, Fr. Sarce!
- One of former students was also here at SCCS on Friday to volunteer and give back to the school.
LOOKING AHEAD TO NEXT WEEK….
- Monday is Thanksgiving Day. There is no school and no BASC.
- Tuesday, our grs. 7 & 8 students have their Enrichment classes.
- Wednesday, our gr. 4 students will be having their Bible retreat/celebration during the day.
- I am at my October Principal’s Meeting at the Archdiocese office on Wednesday morning.
- Thursday, it’s the Old Dutch Chip Fundraiser pick-up from 3-6pm.
- Many of our students are competing in the Cross-Country Meet on Thursday after school at Crescent Drive Park. The race begins at 4:00pm.
- I am attending the Manitoba Federation of Independent Schools annual AGM on Thursday evening at the U of M.
- It’s Popcorn Day on Friday. The cost is a Loonie, and all proceeds go to the Holy Childhood Association.
LOOK WHAT’S COMING UP….
- Book Fair Week begins October 16th. We are looking for Volunteers. This is a great way to get VIP hours. Click on the Volunteer for Book Fair link below.
- VOLUNTEER FOR THE SCHOLASTIC “COZY UP WITH A BOOK” BOOK FAIR October 2023
- Parent Teacher Interviews will be held October 18th & 19th from 4-7pm.
- Used Uniform Sale will be held on October 19th from 3:00-6:00pm. If you are available to help, please click on the link below.
- VOLUNTEER TO HELP OUT AT THE USED UNIFORM SALE Thursday, October 19, 2023, 2-630 pm
- October 20th is an Inservice Day. (MTS PD Day) There is no school.
- School Mass is at 10:30am on October 24th. Please join us if you can.
- October 31st is Halloween Orange & Black Colour Day.
- An exciting fundraising event is coming to St. Charles – our first ever Trivia Night on November 10th at Assiniboia Downs! Enjoy a night out with family & friends in the battle of the brains! Mark your calendars – details to follow!
- There is Golf on Tuesday.
- There is BLINE on Wednesday.
- There is Tennis on Thursday.
- October 20th full day BASC has a few spots left. You must be registered by October 10th to attend.
- Baton, Winter Craft, and full day BASC on Friday, November 17th
- Forms are online and at the front entrance on the tables.
Friday, October 13th is Popcorn Day with all proceeds going to Holy Childhood. All orders need to be handed to teachers by Thursday, October 12th.
REMINDER: OLD DUTCH CHIPS FUNDRAISER PICK UP DATE
Thursday, October 12th between 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Any questions or concerns, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SPRUCE UP THE SCHOOL
Fall is certainly in the air and the time has come to Spruce Up the School – Fall Edition. This year we are going to focus our efforts inside the school to give back to the students and the faculty in a meaningful way! There will be a few small outside tasks to complete, weather depending of course!
Date: Saturday October 14th
Time: 10AM to 2PM
Meet out back by the BASC Door
Questions please contact – Scott Rees Board ViceChair@stccs.ca
Thanks, Building & Grounds Committee
Just a friendly reminder that all raffle ticket stubs are to be returned to the school between Tuesday October 10th – Monday October 23rd. They can be returned to your child’s teacher or dropped off in the mailbox at the front doors. Any stubs not returned by end of day on October 23rd will not be included in the draw. Thank you!
FLIPGIVE ONLINE FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN
Annual Kick-off for St. Charles School FlipGIve Online Fundraising Campaign
Hello parents, students, and friends of St. Charles School. We are happy to start our online fundraising campaign once again. For those new to our school, St. Charles uses an app called FlipGive (details below) which helps raise funds for our school. All you need to do is purchase gift cards or shop online using the FlipGive App. This app runs on iPhone or Android phones, as well as off of any Windows or Apple computer.
What stores are on this app? This fall we have another exciting lineup, including Tim Horton’s, Boston Pizza, Walmart, SportChek, Starbucks, Indigo, and really so many more.
For New Members
You can download the app from Google Play if on Android phone, or the Apple Store. To join up, click here:
For Existing Members
Once you have signed up, to access the app and check things out at any time, see our link here:
For Any Questions
During the school year, if you have any questions, please contact us at this email address anytime:
Sincerely – Rick and Tiffany Lippens, your online fundraising team
We turn our hearts to you on this day for giving thanks, mindful of your many gifts.
For each one, we are grateful. For each one, we are blessed.
For each one we are opened to the abundance of your love.
May this Thanksgiving Day offer a reminder to be generous with others, as you are with us.
We praise you. We rejoice in you. We give you thanks. Amen.
Wishing you all a very blessed Thanksgiving weekend!