The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.” (Ps. 32:8)
Update Attachments – : SCCS Craft Market 2023 Poster … Trivia Night … Read to Your Stuffy Photo Contest Book Fair 2023
Just a friendly reminder that all raffle ticket stubs are to be returned to the school between Tuesday October 10th – Monday October 23rd. They can be returned to your child’s teacher or dropped off in the mailbox at the front doors. Any stubs not returned by end of day on October 23rd will not be included in the draw. Thank you!
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK…
- Our Fall Book Fair week began on Monday. Thank you to all the families for your very generous support. All monies received go back to purchase items from Scholastic for the classrooms. A huge thank you to our Book Fair committee! You worked very hard to make this event so successful, and the students had a terrific time “shopping” and participating in the fun activities! Check out the attached pictures of “read to your stuffy” activity. 😊
- We had another fire drill on Monday afternoon.
- Tuesday, our gr. 8 students began the day with a family visit for Roots of Empathy. Our theme for this visit was on “Crying.” Baby Thomas was an excellent teacher once again and participated in some baby exercises. The students learned why Thomas cries, and ways he can be soothed when he is upset. They also learned that he is a very content baby overall.
- Our grs. 7 & 8 students had their Enrichment classes Tuesday morning.
- Parent Teacher Interviews happened both Wednesday and Thursday evenings. It was terrific to feel the energy in the building both evenings!
- The Staff Appreciation Day Luncheon was held on Thursday, and the grs. 3, 3-4, & 4 parents hosted this wonderful event. A huge thank you to all these families for hosting such an amazing luncheon!! What a special treat! 😊 Thank you to Roscoe’s Catering for preparing the luncheon. It was delicious and the staff always look so forward to this luncheon. It really makes our day extra special.
- We had our first Used Uniform Sale of the new school year on Thursday afternoon from 3-6pm. Thank you to Rebecca and all her volunteers who worked so hard to sort, organize, and make this such a successful event.
- Today was MTS PD Day. There was no school as teaching staff were participating in various professional development opportunities around the city.
LOOKING AHEAD TO NEXT WEEK….
- School Mass is at 10:30am on October 24th. Fr. Kelly will be presiding over at St. Charles Parish. Please feel free to join us if you can.
- Our Reading Clinician will be presenting some learning strategies for reading to all our grs. 7 & 8 students on Tuesday.
- PML Recital is at noon on Tuesday.
- Mrs. Prettie and I will be attending the monthly Board Meeting on Wednesday evening.
- Many staff will be participating in our First Aid/CPR Training course on Thursday evening. Each year, staff are rotated through this course so that everyone is always updated on their training.
- We will have some alumni from SPHS visiting SCCS on Friday. They are here to volunteer and give back to the school community. We are looking forward to hosting them next week!
LOOK WHAT’S COMING UP….
- October 31st is Halloween Orange & Black Colour Day.
- All Saints Day is on November 1st.
- All Souls Day is on November 2nd.
- It’s early dismissal on November 2nd. Students will be dismissed at 2:30pm so teachers can participate in their monthly Staff Meeting at 2:45pm. Staff will have a benefits presentation from Blue Cross at the beginning of our Staff Meeting.
- Our annual St. Charles Day Assembly is happening on October 3rd. This assembly is hosted by the grs. 5-6 team.
- An exciting fundraising event is coming to St. Charles – our first ever Trivia Night on November 10th at Assiniboia Downs! Enjoy a night out with family & friends in the battle of the brains!
- chool/no BASC.
If you have signed up to sell chocolates and raffle tickets at one of our parishes during the month of October. THANK YOU!
If you have chocolates and raffle tickets at home that you are taking to the parish to sell, that is great!
If you need chocolates and raffle tickets to take to your parish to sell, please see the Front Office before your booked date to purchase the cases of chocolates and the raffle ticket booklets you need to take with you to your parish.
If you can’t get to the Front Office during office hours – 8 am to 4 pm – to pick up your chocolates and/or raffle tickets, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will happily assist you.
Cases of chocolates are $90 each and booklets of raffle tickets are $50 each; cash or cheque made payable to SCCS are accepted.
Thank you so very much for your time and efforts!
A big thankyou to our SCCS community for volunteering and supporting our Scholastic Book Fair. We will have more information out to you next week but from all indicators our sales were the highest they have ever been! We are so fortunate for all your support as we earn Scholastic Dollars to purchase resources/books for our library and classrooms.
SCCS you are the best!
The Book Fair Committee
- There is BLINE on Monday.
- Wednesday is the Halloween craft.
- No BLINE scheduled on Wednesday.
- Tennis is on Thursday.
- There are a few spots left in Baton.
- Friday, November 17th no school. Full day BASC has some spots left but you must be registered to attend by November 1st.
- Reminder students entering the building before 8:15 will be sent to BASC which has a fee.
- After school at 4pm you are required to enter the building with your FOB and pick up your child from BASC.
- Where BASC is located will be posted on the corner of the BASC board.
- Texting is only for morning drop off between 7:00 to 8:15 and after school 3:20 to 4:00.
- Thanks Kim
SCCS TRIVIA EVENING
Get those thinking caps on! As you may have seen already, our school is hosting a family-friendly Trivia Night on November 10, 6:00pm at Assiniboia Downs! Each ticket comes with a full dinner and an evening of fun trivia.
Teams consist of 6-8 people, however if you do not have a team, we will place you with one. Take note that this event is open to families and friends outside of St. Charles too!
Please see attachment for full details. Tickets can be purchased here:
Any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to email@example.com .
We look forward to seeing our community come together and out to support this new event!
The Fundraising Team
FLIPGIVE ONLINE FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN
Annual Kick-off for St. Charles School FlipGIve Online Fundraising Campaign
Hello parents, students, and friends of St. Charles School. We are happy to start our online fundraising campaign once again. For those new to our school, St. Charles uses an app called FlipGive (details below) which helps raise funds for our school. All you need to do is purchase gift cards or shop online using the FlipGive App. This app runs on iPhone or Android phones, as well as off of any Windows or Apple computer.
What stores are on this app? This fall we have another exciting lineup, including Tim Horton’s, Boston Pizza, Walmart, SportChek, Starbucks, Indigo, and really so many more.
For New Members
You can download the app from Google Play if on Android phone, or the Apple Store. To join up, click here:
For Existing Members
Once you have signed up, to access the app and check things out at any time, see our link here:
For Any Questions
During the school year, if you have any questions, please contact us at this email address anytime:
Sincerely – Rick and Tiffany Lippens, your online fundraising team
Wishing you a great weekend!
See you next week.