May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance. (2 Thess. 3:5)
Update Attachments – : SCCS Craft Market 2023 Poster … Trivia Night … Applications for HS St. Maurice
HALLOWEEN COOKIE BAKE SALE
Mark your calendars for a Halloween Cookie Sale on Tuesday October 31st in support of the Grade 8 Farewell!
The grade 8s will be selling a variety of nut free cookies at lunch and after school!
Cookies are 1$ each or 6 for 5$!
Thanks so much for your participation in supporting the grade 8 farewell!
Your grade 8 representatives,
Leslie Fogarty and Anna-Mae Clark
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK…
- Tuesday, we had our School Mass. Fr. Kelly presided our Eucharistic Celebration. This was the first School Mass for our Kindergarten students as well and they did a great job!
- Our grs. 7 & 8 students had an informative reading strategies session with our Reading Clinician Tuesday afternoon.
- PML had their noon recital on Tuesday.
- I attended our monthly school board meeting held on Wednesday evening.
- Many staff took part in First Aid/CPR training on Thursday evening. It was an informative session, with a lot of hands-on learning experience.
- Unfortunately, our former students attending SPHS were unable to come and volunteer today. However, they are coming next Friday instead, and we are very much looking forward to that.
LOOKING AHEAD TO NEXT WEEK….
- Tuesday is Halloween Orange & Black Colour Day. The gr. 8 students will also be hosting a Cookie Bake Sale. All proceeds will go towards their Farewell at the end of June.
- Tuesday is also Enrichment for our grs. 7 & 8 students.
- All Saints Day is on Wednesday.
- All Souls Day is on Thursday.
- It’s early dismissal on Thursday, November 2nd. Students will be dismissed at 2:30pm so teachers can participate in their monthly Staff Meeting at 2:45pm. Staff will have a benefits presentation from Blue Cross at the beginning of our Staff Meeting.
- Friday is our annual St. Charles Day. We will begin our day with our annual assembly.
- Some of our alumni from SPHS will be here to volunteer on Friday.
The snowy weather has finally arrived and students are enjoying playing in the snow. Please make sure to send an extra pair of socks, uniform pants, and gloves/mittens to school with your son/daughter each day. Winter boots, winter coats, snow pants, hats, scarves, mittens, and gloves are all needed to make recess fun. Snowpants or sweatpants are great to cover bare legs. Please remind your child to wear their snow gear at recess. 😊
LOOK WHAT’S COMING UP….
- An exciting fundraising event is coming to St. Charles – our first ever Trivia Night on November 10th at Assiniboia Downs! Enjoy a night out with family & friends in the battle of the brains!
- Middle Years, (grs. 7 & 8) have November 10th as their assignment due date for all outstanding term 1 assignments.
- Our annual Remembrance Day Assembly is on November 10th.
- Lifetouch Picture Re-take Day is on November 16th.
- St. Mary’s Academy and St. Paul’s High School will be here at SCCS to present to our gr. 8 students on November 16th.
- Powerschool closes to parents on November 16th in anticipation of report cards.
- November 17th— Inservice Day. There is no school.
If you have signed up to sell chocolates and raffle tickets at one of our parishes during the month of October. THANK YOU!
If you have chocolates and raffle tickets at home that you are taking to the parish to sell, that is great!
If you need chocolates and raffle tickets to take to your parish to sell, please see the Front Office before your booked date to purchase the cases of chocolates and the raffle ticket booklets you need to take with you to your parish.
If you can’t get to the Front Office during office hours – 8 am to 4 pm – to pick up your chocolates and/or raffle tickets, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will happily assist you.
Cases of chocolates are $90 each and booklets of raffle tickets are $50 each; cash or cheque made payable to SCCS are accepted.
Thank you so very much for your time and efforts!
CHILD ABUSE REGISTRY CHECKS
A large quantity of approved Child Abuse Registry Checks came in the mail today!
If you are waiting for your confirmation of this, please contact email@example.com or call the front desk at 204-837-1520.
A MESSAGE FROM THE GRS. 1, 1-2, & 4 CLASSES
This week the grades 1, 1-2, and 4 classes had a presentation from Wildlife Haven. Their animal ambassadors helped our classes to better understand animal adaptations, their habitats, and how humans can help injured animals.
- There is BLINE on Monday & Wednesday.
- There will be no Baton program.
- Thursday is early dismissal.
- Tennis is on Thursday. Last class.
- Wednesday is a new month.
- There are still spots left in the Winter Craft and full day BASC Friday, November 17th but you must be registered by November 1st to attend.
- Thanks Kim
BASC NEW PHONE NUMBER IS 431-323-3736
Just text for morning drop off 7am to 815am and text after school 315 to 4pm only.
At 4 pm just come into the school using your fob.
Please make sure your child has proper clothing for the outside as we do go outside most days.
Thank you, Kim.
VIP HOURS OPPORTUNITY
We have some drink tabs that need to be delivered to:
1069 Autumnwood Drive between 8:30-3:30pm.
If you would like to help, please let the front office know at firstname.lastname@example.org
SCCS TRIVIA EVENING
Get those thinking caps on! As you may have seen already, our school is hosting a family-friendly Trivia Night on November 10, 6:00pm at Assiniboia Downs! Each ticket comes with a full dinner and an evening of fun trivia.
Teams consist of 6-8 people, however if you do not have a team, we will place you with one. Take note that this event is open to families and friends outside of St. Charles too!
Please see attachment for full details. Tickets can be purchased here:
Any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to email@example.com .
We look forward to seeing our community come together and out to support this new event!
The Fundraising Team
ONLINE FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN – FLIPGIVE APP
Hello friends and family of St. Charles School. Our FlipGive app helps raise funds for our school. Gift cards and online shopping are available for you to shop online using the FlipGive App. This app runs on iPhone or Android phones, as well as off any Windows or Apple computer.
The lineup of deals and offers is ever changing and the pre-Christmas sales have already begun! Walmart, Winners, Old Navy, Gap, Boston Pizza, Tim Hortons, Starbucks, Uber Eats are all waiting for you to check out.
For New Members
You can download the app from Google Play if on Android phone, or the Apple Store. To join up, click here:
For Existing Members
Once you have signed up, to access the app and check things out at any time, see our link here:
For Any Questions
During the school year, if you have any questions, please contact us at this email address anytime:
OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP PARISH
The CWL will be hosting their annual Craft Sale Saturday, November 18th & Sunday, November 19th. There will be a raffle and a Second Time Around Table. Come and check it out!
Sincerely – Rick and Tiffany Lippens, your online fundraising team
Loving God, signs of Your love are all around us. With eyes of faith, we can see them. Clear our vision, clean our hearts, calm our fears. Help us draw closer to you by becoming more discerning believers.
It’s been a very busy week at SCCS and the energy in the building is wonderful!
Wishing everyone a very peaceful weekend, and hopefully, not too much shoveling.
See you all on Monday!