Since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God. (Romans 5:1)
Update Attachments – : SCCS Craft Market 2023 Poster …
STAYING HOME WHEN YOU ARE SICK
We are officially in flu/Covid season at SCCS. Please remember that if your child is ill, he/she should be at home until he/she feels better, or symptoms are improving. If your child has Covid, please keep him/her at home until the fever is gone, symptoms are gone or improving, and he/she can return to participate in a regular school day.
Thank you for your support and understanding as we navigate this flu/Covid season.
KINDER OPEN HOUSE-TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 28TH, 2023 @ 6:30PM
Our first Kindergarten Open House is just around the corner! It will be held in the main gym on Tuesday, November 28th @ 6:30pm. All current families who have a child ready for kindergarten in the 2024-2025 school year are encouraged to attend. If you are unable to attend, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have an application package sent home. We will start accepting kindergarten applications for the 2024-2025 school year the evening of November 28th. Make sure you reserve your spot now.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK…
- Tuesday morning, Enrichment classes were held for grs. 7 & 8 students.
- I attended my monthly Principal’s Meeting at the Archdiocese office on Wednesday morning.
- Term 1 officially ended on Thursday which means that PowerSchool is now closed until report cards are distributed.
- Lifetouch picture re-take day was held Thursday.
- St. Paul’s High School and St. Mary’s Academy were here to present to our gr. 8 students on Thursday morning.
- Today was an Inservice Day for teaching staff as they began writing report cards for Term 1.
LOOKING AHEAD TO NEXT WEEK….
- I will be attending the Manitoba Federation of Independent Schools in-person meeting/luncheon on November 21st.
- Musical try-outs begin on November 22nd.
- There is a PAC Meeting at 6:30pm on November 22nd.
- Hello! This is your invitation to join us at the upcoming PAC meeting at 6:30 PM Wednesday November 22nd in the cafeteria. We would be delighted to see you there. Meeting minutes for May 2023 and Sept 2023 are up on the website for review. The agenda will be uploaded on Monday for anyone who would like to know what’s up for discussion in advance. Looking forward to seeing you at the meeting! Nikki Robert (PAC Chair)
- Some of my staff will be attending their second day of Treaty Education Training on November 24th.
- Grs. 3, 3-4, & 4 students will be going on a field trip to the Children’s Museum on November 24th.
- Grs. 1, 1-2, & 2 students will be going on a field trip to the Manitoba Museum on November 24th.
- The boys from St. Paul’s High School will be back on November 24th to help at SCCS.
- Our Christmas Market will be taking place on Saturday, November 25th from 10:00-3:00pm in our main gym. Please join us if you can and bring a friend! 😊
LOOK WHAT’S COMING UP….
- Our Kindergarten Open House is coming up on November 28th at 6:30pm. Please let anyone you know who may be interested in kindergarten for the 2024-2025 school year.
- Report cards go home on November 30th. PowerSchool will re-open that day as well.
- St. Nicholas Day Assembly is on December 6th.
- PML Recitals are being held on December 6th & 7th at 6:00pm.
- Early dismissal is on December 7th.
- Our raffle tickets draw will be held December 8th.
- Popcorn Day will be held on December 8th with all proceeds going to the Holy Childhood Association.
- Reconciliation for our grades 7 & 8 students will be held on December 12th in the morning at the church.
- Our annual Christmas Concert is on December 15th. More information to follow.
- Christmas Spirit Week is December 18th-22nd. More information to follow.
- Last day of school before Christmas holidays is December 22nd. School Mass is at 10:30am and early dismissal at 2:30pm. There is NO BASC on December 22nd.
SCCS CHRISTMAS MARKET
The SCCS Christmas Market being held on Saturday, November 25th, 2023, needs your help! Please see the link below to volunteer your time or donate refreshment items! Thank you!
- There is BLINE on Monday.
- There is NO BLINE scheduled for Wednesday.
- Thursday is the Winter Craft.
- December’s & January’s forms are on the website. There are also copies in the front entrance.
- There are limited spots in the Baking and Curling, so don’t miss out.
Please make sure your child has clothing for the weather as BASC students do go outside each day. Reminder: you need to use a FOB to enter the building at 4pm to pick up your child. It will be posted on the BASC board where the students are located. Thanks Kim
Musical tryouts are next week. Please make sure permission forms are signed and submitted. There will be a Musical Bake Sale on November 30th at lunchtime. Next Popcorn Day is December 5th, with all proceeds going to the Holy Childhood Association.
FROM THE FRONT OFFICE
‘Tis the season for soggy socks and mittens after recess! Please ensure your child has extra socks and mittens in their backpack so that they can change into a dry pair after recess should they need to. Thank you!
It is never too late to submit a Child Abuse Registry Check application to the Front Office should you plan to volunteer here at our school during the school year. Please note that it takes 6 to 8 weeks for the Child Abuse Registry office to process and return applications back to our school, so don’t wait to the last minute! Get yours in now! Applications are available in the Front Office, or you can email email@example.com and the application(s) you need can be sent home in
ONLINE FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN – FLIPGIVE APP
Hello friends and family of St. Charles School. The online fundraising continues with our St. Charles FlipGive App. Gift cards and online shopping are waiting for you right now. This app runs on iPhone or Android phones, as well as off of any Windows or Apple computer.
The lineup of deals and offers is growing, and Christmas season is kicking off! Wayfare, Canadian Tire, Sephora, Crocks, Marks, Walmart, Safeway, Winners, Old Navy, Gap, Boston Pizza, Tim Hortons, Applebee’s, Starbucks, Indigo, Door Dash are all waiting for you to check out.
Something else you might also like to check out, especially if your kids are into gaming and electronics, are: Roblox, Sony, Kobo, XBox, HP, and Best Buy.
FOR NEW MEMBERS
You can download the app from Google Play if on Android phone, or the Apple Store. To join up, click here:
FOR EXISTING MEMBERS
Once you have signed up, to access the app and check things out at any time, see our link here:
FOR ANY QUESTIONS
During the school year, if you have any questions, please contact us at this email address anytime:
OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP PARISH
The CWL will be hosting their annual Craft Sale Saturday, November 18th & Sunday, November 19th. There will be a raffle and a Second Time Around Table. Come and check it out!