When they saw that the star had stopped, they were overwhelmed with joy. (Matthew 2:10)
Update Attachments – : Sacramental Prep
A huge thank you to Miss Kynman and all our students for two amazing Christmas Concerts last Friday! Your energy was contagious! Thank you to all the parents/grandparents who volunteered in various ways. We couldn’t have done it without you.
Thank you as well to all the families who have sent in special treats for the staff over the last few days. Your kindness and generosity are sincerely appreciated. Recess breaks have been extra special lately. 😊
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK…
- Monday began Christmas Spirit Week. It was Christmas Cheer Day.
- Tuesday, our grades 7 & 8 students had Advisory Groups.
- Tuesday was Shine Bright Like a Light.
- Wednesday was pajama day, ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas.
- Wednesday was also our family Roots of Empathy visit. Little Thomas is growing, has two teeth, and is an excellent little “teacher.” Our theme was emotions and relationships.
- On Thursday, it was Santa’s Workshop Imposters…students/staff dressed like Christmas characters. This was a lot of fun!
- Today it was Blizzard Before the Break! Everyone was hoping for snow. (not really 😊)
- Today we also had our School Mass with Fr. Robert Polz presiding.
- We ended our day today with a Christmas pageant/sing-along, and then early dismissal.
LOOK WHAT’S COMING UP AFTER CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS….
- School resumes on Monday, January 8th, 2024.
- On Tuesday, our grades 7 & 8 students will have Advisory Groups.
- It will be early dismissal on January 11th @ 2:30pm, as it is a Staff Meeting Day for teachers.
- I will be away at my annual Principal’s Retreat from January 17-19th.
- The next PAC Meeting will be on January 17th @ 6:30pm in our school cafeteria.
- Our January School Mass is on January 23rd @ 10:30am over at the church.
- Friday, January 26th is an Inservice Day. There is no school.
- Re-registrations will be distributed on January 29th for the 2024-2025 school year.
- Our Kinder Fair and General Open House is on January 30th.
If your son/daughter is going to be ready for kindergarten for the 2024-2025 school year, please contact email@example.com for an application package. This is the last opportunity before kindergarten interviews begin in January, and we already have a lot of applications both from current families as well as new families.
- BASC will reopen on Monday, January 8th at 7am.
- The year end is here, so please submit all outstanding BASC payments, as I will send out a reminder before we return to school.
- Please make sure to submit your January BASC & lunch forms.
- There is BLINE on Monday when we return.
- Curling resumes on Wednesday when we return.
- There is no school on Friday, January 26th. You must be registered by January 15th to attend BASC that day.
Happy Holidays, Kim
Please click on the link above if you would like to volunteer with our fundraising lunches in 2024.
CHRISTMAS HAMPER DONATIONS
Thank you so very much to all the parents who have given up time to help with this very important job. If you can help us in the new year, please click on the link above. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
ONLINE FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN – FLIPGIVE APP
Hello again friends and family of St. Charles School. The online fundraising app FlipGive remains as hot as ever. As mentioned in our previous message this past week, gift cards and online shopping are waiting for you right now. The FlipGive app runs on iPhone or Android phones, as well as off of any Windows or Apple computer.
The lineup of deals and offers keeps growing, and Christmas season is here, as we are now in December! Wayfare, Canadian Tire, Sephora, Crocks, Marks, Walmart, Safeway, Winners, Old Navy, Gap, Boston Pizza, Tim Hortons, Applebee’s, Starbucks, Indigo, Door Dash are all waiting for you to check out.
Also don’t forget: for electronics gifts checkout Roblox, Sony, Kobo, XBox, HP, and Best Buy. Get a gift for yourself or for your friends, family, or favourite teacher and help raise funds without all the hassle of having to go in-person.
HOW-TO FOR NEW MEMBERS
You can download the app from Google Play if on Android phone, or the Apple Store. To join up, click here:
HOW-TO FOR EXISTING MEMBERS
Once you have signed up, to access the app and check things out at any time, see our link here:
FOR ANY QUESTIONS
If you have any questions, please contact us at this email address anytime:
COMMUNITY NEWS—YMCA-YWCA OF WINNIPEG
NHL Street offers an engaging avenue for youngsters, focusing on the essence of youth sports—fun, activity, and friendship. Embrace the invitation from the YMCA to participate in our street hockey, where kids of any proficiency level can both learn and play. Anticipate a high-energy game, sans ice, with minimal regulations but boundless enjoyment. Plus, each participant will receive a reversible NHL Street jersey for both play and keepsake!
Sessions are available for different age groups: 6-8 years on Tuesdays or Thursdays from 6 to 7 pm, and 9-12 years on Tuesdays or Thursdays from 7 to 8 pm. The cost is $45 for members and $90 for non-members. The program commences on January 9, 2024. Join us for an unforgettable street hockey experience.
Sherry Sigurdur, (she/her) | Community Hub Manager, West Portage
YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg | 3550 Portage Avenue | Winnipeg, MB R3K 0Z8
Wishing all of you a blessed, peaceful Christmas filled with much happiness and joy. May you take some time this season to enjoy the true meaning of Christmas as you journey through this holiday season. School starts on Monday, January 8th, 2024. 😊 See you all in the new year! Tammy