If you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is. (Colossians 3:1)
Update Attachments – : St. Charles Kinsmen Raffle
Happy New Year! I hope that you all had a joyous Christmas season and a well-deserved break.
In my last update before the holidays, I forgot to mention that Mrs. Longo-Bertolin had finished her K-4 French term position and would be leaving SCCS. We wish her all the best! A warm welcome back to Madame McIsaac as she returns to her French position after being on maternity leave. 😊
Please note that next week, I will be away at my annual Principal’s Retreat from Wednesday to Friday. Therefore, next week I will not be sending out my update. My next Principal’s Weekly Update will be sent out on Friday, January 26th. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK…
- Staff and students returned to school on Monday after the Christmas break.
- Our K-2 students began their Learn to Skate program on Monday.
- Madame McIsaac returned to school on Tuesday from her maternity leave. Welcome back, Madame! 😊
- It was Advisory Groups on Tuesday morning for our grades 7 & 8 students.
- Wednesday was Pizza Lunch for those students who ordered.
- Thursday was early dismissal because teachers had their monthly Staff Meeting.
LOOK WHAT’S HAPPENING NEXT WEEK….
- Monday is Learn to Skate for our K-2 students.
- Our grades 7 & 8 students have Enrichment classes on Tuesday morning.
- I will be attending a virtual Education Committee Meeting for the Manitoba Federation of Independent Schools on Tuesday morning.
- I will be leaving on Wednesday for my annual Principal’s Retreat.
- Wednesday is Hot Dog lunch for those students who have ordered.
- There is a PAC Meeting on Wednesday evening at 6:30pm in the school cafeteria. Fobs will be working that evening. 😊
- The grade 3 class is having a special presentation on Friday by WISE Kid-Netic Energy (University of Manitoba). Students will be learning about coding and Indigenous structures.
LOOK WHAT’S COMING UP…..
- Learn to Skate is on January 22nd.
- There is a School Musical Bake Sale on January 22nd.
- Our School Mass is on January 23rd @ 10:30am over at the church.
- I will be attending the Manitoba Federation of Independent Schools Board of Directors meeting on January 23rd.
- Friday, January 26th is an Inservice Day. There is no school. Teaching staff will be participating in our Faith Development Retreat with our Corporate Board Chair, Fr. Eric Giddins.
- Re-registrations will be distributed on January 29th for the 2024-2025 school year.
- Our Kinder Fair/Grs. 1-8 General Open House is on January 30th. If you can contribute refreshment items for this event, please click on the link below. Thank you in advance for your support.
- There is BLINE on Monday.
- Tuesday is the New Year’s Craft.
- Wednesday is the BLINE demo/testing at 4:30 in the main gym. Please note the gym will open at 4:20 for parents to enter. Students will be practicing in private until that time.
- Friday, January 26th is no school but full day BASC. You must be registered by Monday, January 15th to attend as we staff accordingly.
- February’s forms are available in the front entrance way and will be on the website soon.
- February 1st is early dismissal at 2:30pm. Please note if a student is not picked up there is a BASC fee. Mark your calendar as there is one each month.
- BLINE starts a new session in February. There is also a Valentine Craft, Donut Baking, Pizza Making, and Sushi Rolling in February with limited spots.
There is a Musical Bake sale on Monday, January 22nd.
February & March Wexford Meal forms are available at the front entrance.
FUNDRAISING COORDINATORS NEEDED
2 fundraising coordinators are needed to manage/lead our Annual Spenst Bros Pizza Fundraiser.
Please contact fundraising at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in taking on this role.
SCCS is organizing Blessing Bags for Siloam Mission, aiming to assist individuals in our community facing hardships. Blessing Bags are care packages filled with essential items to provide support and comfort to those in need. We kindly request a $2 contribution from each student to fund the necessary supplies for these bags. We welcome additional contributions if you are able to give more. Classroom teachers will be collecting the contributions over the next two weeks. Further details will be provided soon. Thank you for your support!
SCCS Spiritual School Goals Committee
If you are interested in volunteering to help with the drop off in the loading zone in the mornings, please click on the link below to sign up. A huge thank you to all the parents who have signed up to date and are working so hard to keep our students safe. We sincerely appreciate it!
Unfortunately, I got another parking complaint from a neighbour this week. Please DO NOT BLOCK the back lane on Augier Avenue by the Golf Course. Residents need to be able to always access their driveways. Common courtesy goes a long way.