Do small things with great love. (St. Mother Teresa)
Update Attachments – : Bingo Flyer Confirmation Rally 2024 Invitation
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK…
- We began our new week with a Musical Bake Sale on Monday.
- Fr. Kelly celebrated our School Mass on Tuesday morning.
- I attended a virtual Manitoba Federation of Independent Schools Board of Directors meeting on Tuesday.
- Wednesday was Pizza Lunch for those students who ordered.
- Today there was no school. Staff had a retreat day with our Corporate Board Chair, Fr. Eric Giddins. The topic was Loss & Grief, and the Spirituality of the Resurrection.
LOOK WHAT’S HAPPENING NEXT WEEK….
- Monday is Learn to Skate for our K-2 students.
- Re-registrations will be distributed on Monday, January 29th. Make sure to check your son/daughter’s backpack.
- Our grades 7 & 8 students have Enrichment classes on Tuesday morning.
- There is a PML Noon Recital on Tuesday.
- Tuesday evening is our annual Kinder Fair/General Open House. Kinder Fair begins at 5:45pm, (group assignments), and the General Open House begins at 6:30pm.
- Wednesday is Hot Dog Lunch for those students who have ordered.
- Thursday is our kickoff assembly to “I Love to Read” month. It is also early dismissal at 2:30pm, and teachers have a Staff Meeting too.
- Friday is our annual Bingo Night at St. Paul the Apostle Parish. Keep reading my update for more detailed information.
LOOK WHAT’S COMING UP…..
- Grade 7 & 8 exam week begins on February 5th.
- I will be attending my monthly Principal’s Meeting on February 7th.
- On February 8th, the grade 4 class will have a WISE Kid-Netic presentation here at school.
- The Middle Years Ski Trip is on February 9th.
- Catholic Schools Week begins February 12th. Stay tuned for more information!
- Our Shrove Tuesday Pancake Breakfast will be held February 13th.
- Ash Wednesday School Mass is on February 14th.
- There is no school on February 16th as teaching staff are participating in our annual Catholic Schools PD Day.
- There’s no school on February 19th as it’s Louis Riel Day.
- Grades 3-8 will be going to the Festival Du Voyageur on February 23rd.
- All re-registrations are due on February 23rd.
- Pink Shirt Day is coming on February 28th. We will be having a special assembly that day. More details to follow.
- New month next week.
- Make sure to submit your February’s BASC form before you attend.
- Early dismissal Feb 1st
- BLINE (jiujitsu) new session starts Feb 5th
- There is a Valentine’s Craft, Donut Baking, Pizza Making, Sushi Rolling in February.
- Full day BASC Friday, February 16th, must be registered by February 2nd to attend.
- No School & no BASC February 19th.
- March & April have crafts with a full day BASC field trip.
- Forms are available at the front entrance.
Thank you, Kim
There will be musical practices during exams and Catholic School week.
CAN YOU HELP?
SCCS is organizing Blessing Bags for Siloam Mission, aiming to assist individuals in our community facing hardships. Blessing Bags are care packages filled with essential items to provide support and comfort to those in need. We kindly request a $2 contribution from each student to fund the necessary supplies for these bags. We welcome additional contributions if you are able to give more. Classroom teachers will be collecting the contributions over the next two weeks. Further details will be provided soon. Thank you for your support!
SCCS Spiritual School Goals Committee
OUR ANNUAL FAMILY BINGO NIGHT IS BACK!
Attention St. Charles Catholic School families: Are you looking for a fun filled family evening supporting our SCCS community?! Well then come join us for our annual BINGO Night at St Paul the Apostle on Friday February 2nd doors open at 6pm.
Please note, prizes are assembled from the many individual items donated by our community.
So to make this night as successful as past years we do require your assistance with accumulating donation items. Do you have any toys, games, wine, event tickets (eg. Jets tickets) or gift cards that you don’t plan on using? Please consider donating them. Donated items will be counted towards volunteer hours. $25 value = 1 volunteer hour. Prize donations can be dropped off at the school (front office).
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
If you are interested in volunteering to help with the drop off in the loading zone in the mornings, please click on the link below to sign up. A huge thank you to all the parents who have signed up to date and are working so hard to keep our students safe. We sincerely appreciate it!
ANNUAL GOLF TOURNAMENT
“Our Annual Golf Tournament is just around the corner; We require an additional team member to coordinate prizes. If you are interested in taking on this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org”
ONLINE FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN – FLIPGIVE APP
Hello again friends and family of St. Charles School. FlipGive gift cards and online shopping are waiting for you right now, as we have a New Year and New Deals. The FlipGive app runs on iPhone or Android phones, as well as off of any Windows or Apple computer.
The Shoe Company, Ardene, Canadian Tire, Sephora, Crocks, Marks, Walmart, Safeway, Winners, Old Navy, Gap, Boston Pizza, Tim Hortons, Applebee’s, Starbucks, Indigo, Door Dash are all waiting for you to check out.
Also don’t forget: for electronics gifts checkout Roblox, Sony, Kobo, XBox, HP, and Best Buy. Get a gift for yourself or for your friends, family, or favourite teacher and help raise funds without all the hassle of having to go in-person. Valentine’s day is coming, so you will be ready.
HOW-TO For New Members:
You can download the app from Google Play if on Android phone, or the Apple Store. To sign up, click here:
HOW-TO For Existing Members:
Once you have signed up, to access the app and check things out at any time, see our link here:
For Any Questions
If you have any questions, please contact us at this email address anytime: Onlineshop_fundraising@stccs.ca
You are only a click away from helping out St. Charles Catholic School. Happy Shopping from Your Online Fundraising Team