Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. (Psalm 119:105)
Update Attachments – : SCCS Craft Market 2023 Poster … Trivia Night … Winners
*Would you like to volunteer to sell chocolates and raffle tickets at the parishes this weekend? Please sign up below.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK…
- Monday was Thanksgiving Day. There was no school and no BASC.
- On Tuesday morning, our grs. 7 & 8 students had Enrichment classes.
- Wednesday our gr. 4 students had their Bible Retreat and Celebration. Mrs. Prettie and I were honoured to attend the celebration in the afternoon. Congratulations to all our gr. 4 students on receiving their Bibles! 😊
- I attended my monthly Principal’s Meeting at the Archdiocese office on Wednesday morning.
- Thursday, one of our former SCCS students came back to volunteer.
- Our gr. 8 students had their annual Gr. 8 Retreat on Thursday over at the church. Thank you to Donda Youth Group for working with our students all day! Three of the leaders were former SCCS students too! 😊
- Old Dutch Chip fundraiser pick-up was on Thursday. Thank you very much to the coordinator and the volunteers for organizing/helping with this fundraiser.
- I attended the annual Manitoba Federation of Independent Schools AGM on Thursday evening at the U of M.
- Some of our students attended the Cross-Country Meet Thursday after school. Congratulations to all students who participated, and to Ms. Copeland for coaching. See the message below from Ms. Copeland.
- We had some amazing results at the cross-country meet. For grade 7-8 girls Charlotte G. (7) got 3rd place, Jessica C. (7) got 2nd place and Kaitlyn D-H. (7) got 1st place. For the grade 6 girls category Melissa B. (6) got 2nd place and Selina C. (6) got 3rd place. Congratulations to everyone who participated in this event!
- Today was our first Popcorn Day with all proceeds going to support the Holy Childhood Association. The country we are raising money for is South Sudan and today our students raised $293.00 for this important cause. Thank you to everyone for your support.
LOOKING AHEAD TO NEXT WEEK….
- Book Fair Week begins October 16th and runs all week.
- VOLUNTEER FOR THE SCHOLASTIC “COZY UP WITH A BOOK” BOOK FAIR October 2023
- Tuesday our grs. 7 & 8 students have Enrichment classes.
- Parent Teacher Interviews will be held October 18th & 19th from 4-7pm.
- Staff Appreciation Lunch will be held on Thursday.
- Used Uniform Sale will be held on October 19th from 3:00-6:00pm.
- October 20th is an Inservice Day. (MTS PD Day) There is no school.
LOOK WHAT’S COMING UP….
- School Mass is at 10:30am on October 24th. Please join us if you can.
- October 31st is Halloween Orange & Black Colour Day.
- An exciting fundraising event is coming to St. Charles – our first ever Trivia Night on November 10th at Assiniboia Downs! Enjoy a night out with family & friends in the battle of the brains!
PARENT TEACHER INTERVIEWS
Wednesday, October 18 and Thursday, October 19, 2023, 4-7 pm
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NOLETTE FAMILY!
They won our Chocolate selling contest this year! The Nolette’s sold a total of 30 cases of chocolates. Thank you so much for all your efforts and congratulations. Many thanks to all families that participated in the contest and sold extra chocolates, all funds raised are going directly to technology in the classrooms. Check out the picture attached to this update!
- There is BLINE on Monday.
- There is no Golf on Tuesday, Golf is done for the season.
- There is BLINE on Wednesday.
- There is Tennis on Thursday.
- Friday no school. Full day BASC is full.
- November has Baton starting and a Winter craft.
- Thanks Kim
SCCS TRIVIA EVENING
Get those thinking caps on! As you may have seen already, our school is hosting a family-friendly Trivia Night on November 10, 6:00pm at Assiniboia Downs! Each ticket comes with a full dinner and an evening of fun trivia.
Teams consist of 6-8 people, however if you do not have a team, we will place you with one. Take note that this event is open to families and friends outside of St. Charles too!
Please see attachment for full details. Tickets can be purchased here:
Any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to email@example.com .
We look forward to seeing our community come together and out to support this new event!
The Fundraising Team
Just a friendly reminder that all raffle ticket stubs are to be returned to the school between Tuesday October 10th – Monday October 23rd. They can be returned to your child’s teacher or dropped off in the mailbox at the front doors. Any stubs not returned by end of day on October 23rd will not be included in the draw. Thank you!
FLIPGIVE ONLINE FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN
Annual Kick-off for St. Charles School FlipGIve Online Fundraising Campaign
Hello parents, students, and friends of St. Charles School. We are happy to start our online fundraising campaign once again. For those new to our school, St. Charles uses an app called FlipGive (details below) which helps raise funds for our school. All you need to do is purchase gift cards or shop online using the FlipGive App. This app runs on iPhone or Android phones, as well as off of any Windows or Apple computer.
What stores are on this app? This fall we have another exciting lineup, including Tim Horton’s, Boston Pizza, Walmart, SportChek, Starbucks, Indigo, and really so many more.
For New Members
You can download the app from Google Play if on Android phone, or the Apple Store. To join up, click here:
For Existing Members
Once you have signed up, to access the app and check things out at any time, see our link here:
For Any Questions
During the school year, if you have any questions, please contact us at this email address anytime:
Sincerely – Rick and Tiffany Lippens, your online fundraising team
This has been a very short, but busy week at SCCS!
I thought I would share this Autumn prayer with you that we had at our Principal’s Meeting this week.
God of all seasons, we thank you for Autumn. We thank you for the touch of coolness in the air that gives us a new burst of energy, for the coloring of trees that shows the creativity of the Divine Artist, for the falling leaves that reveal the strength of the branches, for the hues of fields that bring peace to our souls, for the smiles on pumpkins that bring joy to children, for the fall harvest which brings us gratitude for the bounty of our land, for this change of seasons that reveals the circle of life.
God of all seasons, as you transform the earth, transform us by your Spirit. Amen. (Rev. Doug Leonhardt, S. J.)
Have a wonderful weekend and I’ll see you on Monday!