When they saw that the star had stopped, they were overwhelmed with joy. (Matthew 2:10)
Update Attachments –
Please note that I will be sending out an email on Wednesday, December 21st to all SCCS families. This update is the last one until we return from Christmas holidays. The next update will be sent out on January 13th.
LET’S LOOK AT THIS WEEK IN REVIEW:
- Monday, we began our third week of Advent prayer services. The theme is JOY as we get closer to Christmas and the birth of our Saviour, Jesus.
- Monday, the Kindergarten students had their first Roots of Empathy family visit with Mrs. Boughton and Baby Henrik, our teacher for the program. The students learned about Henrik’s temperament, things that he can and can’t do, and were able to ask Mrs. Boughton other questions too. We can’t wait until their next family visit in January! 😊
- On Tuesday, our Middle Years students participated in Reconciliation over at St. Charles Parish.
- Enrichment classes followed Reconciliation Tuesday morning.
- Wednesday was Pizza Day for those students who ordered.
- Our Christmas Concert Dress Rehearsal was held Thursday morning.
- St. Paul the Apostle Parish picked up all the items for the Christmas hampers Thursday morning. Thank you all so very much for your support and help with this important project.
- Today were our annual Christmas Concerts. It was wonderful to be able to host it in person again this year. Congratulations to all the students for your wonderful performances, and to the all the staff for your support/help. Thank you to all our parent volunteers. A very special congratulations to Mrs. Gregorchuk and Ms. Kynman! What amazing concerts! Second to none!
WHAT’S COMING UP NEXT WEEK? Looking Ahead ……
- Christmas Spirit Week begins on Monday. Monday is wear your favourite pajamas for Christmas PJ Day.
- Monday is our last Advent prayer service before Christmas. This week our theme is love.
- Tuesday is Dress in Green, Red & White day. Get those Christmas colours going!
- Tuesday is Advisory Groups for our Middle Years students.
- Wednesday is Dress in Your Christmas Best day. School Mass will be celebrated by Fr. Kelly at 9:00am. All are welcome to attend. Students will be dismissed at 11:35am. There is no BASC that day.
NOT TOO FAR AWAY…
- January 5th, school resumes after Christmas holidays. Please note: the first Principal’s Weekly Update in the new year will be sent out on January 13th.
- The next Roots of Empathy family visit for our Kindergarten students is January 11th.
- K-2 Learn to Skate begins on January 9th.
- Holy Childhood Association banks are to be returned to your child’s classroom teacher no later than January 16th.
- There is no school on January 27th because teaching staff will be participating in a Faith Development Retreat with Fr. Eric.
- Re-registrations will be distributed on January 30th for the 2023-2024 school year.
- School Mass will be held on January 31st.
- Our annual Kinder Fair and Grs. 1-8 General Open House will be held on January 31st as well. Kinder Fair begins at 6:00pm, and the Grs. 1-8 General Open House begins at 6:30pm.
Congratulations to our raffle winners from our draw last week!
1st Prize – $1000
2nd Prize – $500
3rd Prize – $250
We raised $229.00 for the Holy Childhood Association last Friday with our Popcorn Day fundraiser.
Thank you to everyone who helped make this possible.
A special thank you to Ms. Furutani who made all the bags of popcorn too.
Happy Advent, family, and friends of SCCS. FlipGive continues to be ready for you and there is still time for your Christmas shopping. Let’s end 2022 with a bang!
The great deals continue, ranging from Boston Pizza, Sobeys, Winners, Superstore, Canadian Tire, Walmart, Esso, Best Buy, Old Navy, The Body Shop and The Bay. Grab them while quantities last. There are too many places to mention, so please click on the link below to learn more.
Getting onto the FlipGive App
For first-time users, click here to join up from any phone or computer:
Alternatively, if you have downloaded the app, enter this code to connect to the St. Charles School: NB7F49
Please note: The FlipGive app can be found by searching on Apple iOS, any Android phone, or simply logging into the above link on your computer.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All sessions of BASC programs are done. Thank you, students, for a job well done.
- January’s BLINE, Cheer, & POM registration forms are on the website, along with the New Year Craft, full day field trip, K-2’s baking cookies, grade 3 & 4 baking donuts and grades 5 to 8 rolling sushi. There are limited spots. Registration forms must be handed in before the Christmas break. Payments can be postdated.
- There is No PM BASC on Wednesday, December 21st.
- There is No lunch program on December 21st.
Happy Holidays! Thanks Kim
A MESSAGE FROM FR. MICHAEL FROM ST. CHARLES PARISH
I know it is that time of year when you are sending in applications for your son or daughter to attend schools such as St. Paul’s High School or St. Mary’s Academy. I just want you to know that I am willing to do recommendation letters for those children who actually belong to St. Charles Parish. I will give recommendations for those who are registered with St. Charles Parish and attend there; however, I cannot give a recommendation just on the basis of encountering your child through school events (such as Mass, Reconciliation, other social events). Also, due to the fact that I have a deadline to finish my Licentiate (Master’s in Theology) from Rome via Detroit, I can only tend to these applications once a week on Tuesdays as I have to cut back on administration. So please be timely and do not wait until the last minute to ask for my recommendation. Just a note likewise that things are heavy in my schedule right now so any applications received from this point on will have to wait until January 10, 2023. Thanks for your understanding and have a Merry and Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year 2023!
Yours in Christ,
Fr. Michael Wollbaum,
St. Charles Parish
Joyful God, as we draw nearer to the birth of your Son, fill us with wonder and delight. Teach us to be better followers of your Word. May our joy be greater than yesterday, be strengthened today and continue to grow beyond tomorrow. Amen
Wishing you a wonderful weekend and as we near closer to Christmas, may we remember to express our gratitude for the many blessings that we receive each day.
See you on Monday!