Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. (Matthew 6:9-10)
Update Attachments – : SCCS Craft Market 2023 Poster … SCCS Craft Market 2023 Registration Package … St. Charles Catechism Parent Letter
CHOCOLATE AND RAFFLE PICKUP
Your final opportunity to pick up mandatory chocolate and raffle tickets will be on Wednesday September 20th from 6-8pm during Meet the Teacher Night at our school. There will be no exceptions made. Chocolate and raffle tickets not picked up will be redistributed to those that are seeking to purchase more and win our chocolate selling contest. If you are not able to attend, you are encouraged to find an alternate person for pick up during the designated time. SCCS Board of Directors
CAN YOU HELP?
Some of you may have heard about a fire that happened on the weekend on Gagnon Street in the apartment complex near to our school. A parent of one of our little gr. 2 students lost everything in the fire. It has been a devastating time for this family. If you can help with some of the basic needs, that would be amazing!
Please drop off donations in the front foyer of the school. Cash donations are also always appreciated and can be dropped off at the front office in an envelope marked “Fire Donation.”
Thank you in advance for your generosity.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK…
- Our staggered start for kindergarten continued this week with all students coming together for the first time on Friday.
- Our grs. 7 & 8 students began their Advisory group class on Tuesday. This year, once again, the focus is on Project 11.
- I attended a WRHA Public Health Update for Schools on Wednesday morning.
- I also attended a Manitoba Federation of Independent Schools Education Committee meeting on Thursday morning. (I sit on the Board of Directors for the Manitoba Federation of Independent Schools).
- The first Parent Advisory Council meeting, (PAC), was held Thursday evening in our school cafeteria.
- All kindergarten parents were invited to a “Meet & Greet Coffee” morning with Administration on Friday morning. It was nice to see so many faces!
LOOKING AHEAD TO NEXT WEEK….
- Lifetouch Picture Day is on September 18th. Don’t forget to double-check those uniforms for uniform pride! 😊
- Private Music Lessons (PML) begin on September 19th for those students registered.
- Enrichment classes for our grades 7 & 8 students also begin on September 19th. This year, Enrichment options include STEM, Music, Cooking, Cheer, and Art Exploration.
- I will be attending my Manitoba Federation of Independent Schools Board of Directors meeting on Tuesday.
- I have my first Principal’s Meeting of the new school year at the Archdiocese office on Wednesday morning with the superintendent of Catholic Schools.
- “Meet the Teacher Evening” is September 20th @ 6:30pm. Please join us!
- New staff to SCCS will be participating in a “New Staff Workshop” with our Superintendent at the Archdiocese office on September 21st.
- Our annual Christian Service Day and Terry Fox Assembly/Walk is on September 22nd. This is also a Colour Day for all staff/students.
LOOK WHAT’S COMING UP….
- Our first School Mass is on September 26th. Fr. Eric from Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish will be presiding, and this Mass will also include our annual Staff Commissioning.
- Our staff will take part in our annual URIS Training on September 28th.
- Orange Shirt Day is on September 29th. This will also be a Colour Day for all staff/students.
- National Day for Truth & Reconciliation is September 30th.
A MESSAGE FROM MR. DOMOLEWSKI
Dear SCCS families,
On Friday, September 22nd, the Grade 7D class will have the opportunity to visit Siloam Mission for an Educational Seminar and Tour for Christian Service Day.
In preparation for our visit the Grade 7 students are holding a donation drive for all SCCS families to participate in! Siloam Mission is in urgent need of toothbrushes, toothpaste, and floss (satin) for the community members and families that they serve! If possible, Siloam Mission also requires men’s underwear (new).
Students and families may bring these items to the Grade 7 classroom or drop them off in the containers that are provided in our school’s lobby by the front doors for your convenience!
Thank you in advance for your generous contributions to this wonderful, local charity and God Bless,
Mr. Domolewski, Grade 7D Homeroom Teacher
- There is Golf on Tuesday.
- Tennis starts in a few weeks with a few spots left. If interested, please text me.
Reminder No School and No BASC on October 3rd.
October & November’s forms are in the front entrance, as they are not on the website yet. In October there is BLINE, Tennis, Halloween Craft and Full Day BASC on October 20th with a field trip. In November there is Baton Twirling, Winter Craft and Full Day BASC with a field trip on November 17th.
Reminder for BASC: text me in the mornings, 7am to 815am, and after school up to 4pm. After 4pm. Please use your FOB to enter the building.
If you have any questions about BASC/ program, please feel free to contact me. Thanks Kim
Our much-anticipated Hot Lunch Fundraiser is back for another year! This year we are doing it a little differently: We have broken the ordering up into multiple orders. The links below are for the first part of the school year: October 4 – December 20. The lunches will alternate each Wednesday with the following: Pizza and Chips the first week, and then Hot Dogs, Chips & Booster Juice Smoothies the following week.
Please use the following links to place your orders:
The due date for ALL Wednesday hot lunch orders is September 22, 2023.
The next order form for the following term will be sent out late November.
Thank you! The Fundraising Team
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR PIZZA & HOT DOG FUNDRAISING LUNCHES
St. Charles Catholic School – Old Dutch Chips Fundraiser
Purchase Old Dutch Chips for only $11 per case!
Perfect for school lunches or Halloween Treats!
Orders Due: September 22nd, 2023
Chip pick up date: October 12th, between 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Any questions or concerns, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see permission click link for further details.
From the fullness of His grace, we have all received one blessing after another. (John 1:16)
I’m not sure where this week has gone, but it’s been busy and exciting!
Wishing you all a terrific weekend!
See you on Monday.